“For a small town we have a 1st class Symphony”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chattanooga Symphony and Opera Association
Ranked #76 of 152 things to do in Chattanooga
Reviewed 18 March 2012

What can I say. The symphony is probably one of the best for this size town in the United States. The City of Chattanooga rents the Tivoli to the symphony. The sound and acoustics are outstanding. The ticket prices are very reasonable.

2  Thank John T
in 3 reviews
"theatre"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Bought season tickets for Masterworks; love classical music but in past thought performances a little cold.

New conductor Kayoko Dan has brought fire to the CSO. Feb 2 perf of Russian composers truly spectacular

Opened with early Russian; technically performed well but nothing to write a review about

Guest violinist for Prokofiev's concerto 2. Edgy and discordant; energetic modern. Classical w/o being classical; an intellectualist's dream of a performance

Tchaikovsky symphony 4 after intermission: words fail me. Beautiful. Fiery. Every musician at the peak of their performance and the maestra superb in conducting.

I haven't heard this quality all season. Orchestra is finally reaching body and mind and soul

Reviewed 4 January 2012

I had the chance to check them out when they perform with the Orchestra for Fidelo. I was really taken aback. I didn't really think I would enjoy an opera, I had to go for a paper I was writing in college. But, I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone should have to be wrong like this once in their lives!

Reviewed 27 November 2011

Bob Burnhardt - one of the best conductors (and entertainers). Don't miss the Pops concert series, Bob isn't conducting as much any more, but the Pops concerts are a great experience, including the Home for the Holidays Christmas concerts. If you are in Chattanooga (either living or travelling) you should not miss the Symphony at the Tivoli theatre concert events (sit in the Loge)