“Schizophrenic Fun”

Sir Goony's Family Fun Center
Ranked #57 of 152 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Owner description: Sir Goony's Family Fun Center offers many attractions including:1) Goony Golf- Two highly themed miniature golf courses- REMODELED for 2014, 2) New Thunder Volt Electric go-karts on one of the South's longest go kart tracks: Amazingly fast with Turbo Boost and video game excitement. 3) New, larger bumper car arena with more cars where you can Spin your opponent by hitting their Spin Zone Target first! Sometimes you drive it and sometimes it drives you!4) New Thrill Ride for 2014: LAZER FURY 360. Sir Goony's has unveiled this new ride unlike any seen in the world before. Created by an award winning ride manufacturer based in Chattanooga, this new ride is unlike anything you have ever seen! Come be part of ground zero of the next great amusement ride. More to be released in coming weeks. 5) Multiple speed batting cages that can be set for all skills and abilities,6) Shockwave Bumper Boats with water cannons where you can soak your friends, 7) A newly remodeled and larger arcade game room full of fun games for all ages, 8) NEW Birthday party rooms.9) Special Events including Glow Golf!Sir Goony's has attractions for all ages and is the perfect place for your family, youth group, or a date night. We also do fantastic mom friendly birthday parties. Stop by for 10 minutes or come and spend your evening with us!
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a curious place. It is surrounded by old run down buildings near the airport. It is both really neat and "cool" but also weird and rundown in places. $$$ wise, we spent $97 and stayed about an hour and half. In comparison, I spent $130 and walked the aquariums and watched a (BORING) IMAX film on the South Pacific.
Alright so I'll start with the cool factor. There is an indoor "bumper car" feature that seems really neat-o. It is essentially an indoor bumper boat game that has about 8 carts. They are quick and are very flashy and my kids had a blast. On the opposite side of the park are the coolest go carts I have ever ridden. They are all electric and have a speaker just over your left shoulder. It produces racing sounds to go along with your driving. If you get spun around, all the cars are notified that they are under "yellow flag" conditions and informed to slow down. They are quick and nimble and the best part is they have a TURBO button. I am assuming that because they are all electric that they are governed on their speed, but when you press the TURBO button your cart is given a 10 second boost of speed to get you past that nagging teena...er racer that has you pinned down in the corners.
The sad balance to these two very cool attractions is the golf. These holes were tired 25 years ago and the statues are literally peeling their paint off. If Sir Gooneys would invest in a total revamp (not just an update) of the course, this could be a completely well rounded family fun place.
Take your kids, have fun. Don't whine about the cost (it's just money) enjoy the time and Sir Gooney's will be a fond memory of your child's summer.

1  Thank circleof12
Deborah M, Guest Relations Manager at Sir Goony's Family Fun Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for visiting Sir Goony's Family Fun Center of Chattanooga, Inc. and for your great review!

I am so glad to hear that you had a great time. The Thunder Volt Electric Cars have definitely been a great hit with our customers. Yes, they are fast :D The Spin Zone Bumper Cars are also great for all ages. We have now moved them to another large area outside and have installed our new thrill ride LAZER FURY 360. I do hope you can come again to experience this new attraction. Look for more details on our website at SIRGOONYS.COM or our Facebook page. There is no other ride like this anywhere in the world!

Thank you for your suggestions about our 36 hole golf course. It sure has entertained a lot of generations. We do continue to maintain our putting greens and to paint our whimsical figures each year; however, I will pass this review on to our management team to help in planning our winter maintenance this year.

Thanks again for your business, your input and your review. Please visit again soon and have a great summer!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stopped in here this weekend with our kids to play some mini-golf. The employees were rude and no one greeted us. Once I went to the counter to pay, everyone ignored me for several minutes before a girl finally asked if she could help me.

The cost for one round of minigolf? $32! I said no thanks and we walked out.

I am so disappointed that you had such a poor experience at our park. I apologize for such an unfriendly welcome. Thank you for pointing out some customer service issues. We have been going through a lot of changes including changes in our training and staff.

If you will visit our website at SIRGOONYS.COM or our Facebook page, you will find some new options for admission pricing and also some great weekly discounts. Also, you will find lots of pictures and information about all of our attractions including our new additions.

Thanks for your input. I hope you will visit again. Have a great summer!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This place is more for kids. It was still fun for my boyfriend and I. The painting on the mini golf was strange. We got a kick out of all the different creations at each hole. Some very random and weird. All in all it was fun, but we probably won't go again.

Thank you for visiting Sir Goony's Family Fun Center of Chattanooga, Inc! We are so glad you & your boyfriend enjoyed our park! We do have a lot to offer kids, but we have a lot for all age groups. We have made a lot of remodeling changes since your visit. Please visit SIRGOONYS.COM and connect to our Facebook page to see lots of pictures and information about our New Thunder Volt Electric Cars, our newly unveiled LAZER FURY 360 and our renovated arcade & building. The LAZER FURY 360 is a THRILL ride that is exciting to teens and adults! That is not all :D Like our page and stay in touch for all the announcements.

Thank you so much for your business & great review! Have a great summer!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I brought 5 kids to Sir Goony's in Chattanooga today. They absolutely loved the new go karts. I saw a different reviewer mention that the people working them were rude but that was not our experience at all. The guys working the ride were very friendly. The kids also enjoyed the bumper cars and the arcade. I spent a little more money than I wanted but overall they had a great time so it was worth it!

1  Thank Kpetrin310

Thank you for visiting Sir Goony's Family Fun Center of Chattanooga, Inc! We are so glad your & the kids enjoyed your experience at our park! We have fun watching our customers have fun!

Thank you so much for your business and your great review! Please do visit again this summer to see more renovations and our new THRILL ride LAZER FURY 360!

Have a great summer!

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This was a disappointment. There are not many choices when it comes to mini golf in Chattanooga. This place was out by the airport and in back of a Hooters. It was fairly easy to find, but overall very rundown. There are 2 courses, a go cart track, bumper boats, and game room. The property is very old and needs to be totally re-done. Buildings and structures on the course need to be torn down and re-done. Was $7.95 for an adult and $5.95 for a child. It seems like who ever owns the property is just stuck in a rut or using it for a tax write off. Several of the holes could not even be played because of water build up and a smell. Just a shot in the dark we went here, but save your money for a nice trip to the aquarium.

4  Thank bigzonka
Deborah C, Guest Relations Manager at Sir Goony's Family Fun Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Sir Goony's Family Fun Center of Chattanooga, Inc. has been a landmark business for over 50 years. We do annual maintenance on our family fun center and we have made many renovations throughout the years. We are currently renovating inside and outside for our 2014 season which will include a new THRILL ride!

I am so sorry to hear that your visit in July was disappointing. As I stated, we are currently remodeling inside and outside. The two highly themed golf courses are getting some repairs with carpet & paint. I will certainly check the golf holes for water build up. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Your review does not mention our latest addition of Spin Zone Bumper Cars or our multiple speed Batting Cages that can be set for all skills and abilities.

Please do visit again this summer to check out our renovations and our new THRILL ride for 2014. Also, be sure to ride the Spin Zone Bumper Cars. Sometimes you drive it and sometimes it drives you!

Thank you for your business and I hope you will enjoy your next visit to Sir Goony's Family Fun Center of Chattanooga, Inc.