“OK”

Price range: US$2 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: 24/7 Anything anytime! City Cafe Diner in Chattanooga, Tennessee and Cleveland, Tennessee offers breakfast, lunch and dinner with a choice of 400 different menu items any time of day or night. We feature traditional American fare plus five different varieties of ethnic food, including Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. Choose from over 90 home made cakes, cheesecakes, and pies. Our downtown diner provides a full bar and live music. Our other locations provide beer and wine.
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stopped here for breakfast, and had the expectation of getting at least your average diner breakfast. What I got was far below the bar. Mt cheese omelet MAY have had 2 bites of cheese in the entire omelet. My toast was only toasted on one side. My partner's sausage resembled wood rather than a sausage. Must have been a off day at this place.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stopped in at 8 on a Sunday. I saw some great reviews for their sister restaurant that's East of the City. So we stopped in. The bread they dropped on our table was good, but a bit stale on the end. My moussaka was good. The greek salad had an onion and a half on it. I like onions, but this was a bit much. I think my husband liked his Denver omelette. The food quality was decent. Serving sizes were large. A bowl of fruit was orange, grape, cantaloupe, and pineapple-HUGE. The hallway by the restrooms smelled really musty. What gave this review a 3 rather than a 4 was very disinterested service. The man up front told us about the myriad desserts as though he'd rather not be there. And I found that same attitude from our waitress and from a manager who repeated some of the dessert selections for us. Just SO ho-hum. Not friendly. Maybe the other location is better with this, and that's why they've got a better rating than this location. Our dessert was good, a Millionaire's cake with mousse, cheesecake, ganache, brownie and tiramisu all in one dessert.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Great food, very inexpensive, open 24 hours. We're in town for three days and will be back for breakfast again tomorrow and possibly for desserts tonight!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We went in for a quick bit and it was really great for Southern type food. Huge portions and very tasty. My cajun chicken salad could have fed 2 easily. The desserts are crazy amazing. Try the Coca Cola Cake.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I drive from Atlanta just for the cakes. The desserts are the best. All the food is really good and big diner portions. Good service almost everytime. It is not fancy at all. Very odd decor but that doesnt matter in this setting. Great Stuff. Go. Deliver and 24 hours