“Great coffee”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
“Great coffee”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The coffee here is quite good. The food is good as well, especially the pastries! Good place for a break in the art district.

Visited April 2014

acebaby
“A Regular Stop whenever we are in Chattanooga”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We love this little coffee shop. They have fantastic coffee, desserts/pastries (think miles ahead of Starbucks), and breakfast sandwiches. The dirty chai is out of this world. The atmosphere is so charming...we love sitting out back....just don't miss this stop.

Visited May 2014
“Coffee with NO Options”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I LOVE our downtown Chattanooga riverfront and bluff view areas.We have many fine locations to enjoy and was not a happy customer when we stopped by Rembrandt's Coffee shop today. We ask for espresso shots over ice as we had been walking for 4 miles and desired a 3 shot over ice and a double over ice. The cashier Lilly said she would have to put it in a short hot coffee cup instead of a ice cup. I said well then just give me a cup of ice to add to the other please. She said their policy was not to do this! I said excuse me, I travel and have never had a coffee shop not make my coffee the way I asked. She gave no explanation. So I went outside and came back in and asked for the manager. The person who came out was Allie. I explained and told her I was a regular customer who lived in the Chattanooga area and this seemed an odd way to treat a customer. Allie explained it was because of the MILK issue as many would then use THEIR milk to make it a Latte! Who cares is my thinking how you do it...if I am paying for 5 shots of coffee and also ordered a almond croissant then, their would not be an issue , as it called a COFFEE shop!! ! People who order coffee add their MILK to their drink and it isn't an issue...I will NEVER buy a coffee, or food item from them again and I will share with my family and friends as to the lack of service we received. It is a shame as we have many family and friends we take to the Bluff View area to eat and enjoy this area. But we simply left and went to Stone Cup where we had no issue with shots over ice and MILK after the management didn't give any real concern to the matter. I expect an apology and a change of this ridiculous attitude. Its almost Funny...my suggestion get better management and policy if you value your bottom line and stop fretting over 'split milk'...

4 Thank JM L
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Our Policy is......... The Owners are CLUELESS”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I stopped by Rembrandt's on our walk this morning. My wife ordered an almond croissant, 2 shout of espresso over ice and a 3 shots of espresso over ice. The response was our policy is to put espresso shots in these cups. My wife's response was OK can you give us 2 cups of ice with that? The response was no. We left very unhappy.

My wife decided to return and talk to the manager. Her response was if we give you ice with the espresso shots you will use our milk. It is not unusual for people to add milk to their hot coffee or iced coffee. So what is the big deal with adding milk to espresso shots? The owner's are not very customer friendly. In fact they are CLUELESS.

We walked across the river to the Stone Cup Coffee Shop and when we order their response was can we add milk for you or would you prefer cream? I will not return to Rembrandt's. I will go to the Stone Cup from now on.

A win for Stone Cup and a loss for Rembrandt's.

2 Thank MRLChattTN
Birmingham
“Very charming, very good”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Located in the arts district and with very little signage, this place was a little hard to find. It came highly recommended so we had to give it a try. Once inside, we found it to be very charming. You can't go wrong when you build your own breakfast sandwich. If you're adventuresome, order the Bee's Knees (French toast drizzled with honey). They have a wide variety of coffee and coffee drinks. You can sit inside, outside on the large patio, or even on the front porch for a romantic date. This will be a new favorite.