“Not as Roomy as I Expected but Still Very Nice”

Staybridge Suites near Hamilton Place
Ranked #28 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Illinois
“Not as Roomy as I Expected but Still Very Nice”
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Stayed here for two nights in a 1 bedroom with 2 double beds. What they've basically done here is take a standard, albeit large, hotel room and turn it into two rooms. You do have a decent little kitchen and a sitting room,but there is a lot of furniture stuffed into this sitting room and not much room to move about, not to mention no good place to stash your suitcases. This hotel is marketed at the single business traveler and works great for solo travelers or even couples but if you're a family looking for extra room to spread out, you may be a little disappointed. That said, having two rooms (and two tv's) is nice regardless.

My other downside, which is my fault for not researching better, is that the location isn't really ideal for visiting downtown or the Lookout Mountain attractions. It isn't far-about 15 minutes-but requires jumping back on 75, 27, and 24 which can be nightmarish depending on what time of day you're on the road. If I had to do it again I'd book downtown or on the other side of town.

Upsides? Very clean, very fresh looking and up to date. Staff was exceptional. Breakfast was excellent. We were there during mid-week so also got "happy hour"-light dinner, snacks, sodas and beer-while the food was not anything great it was enough to tide us over the one night and saved us money over eating out one meal (and on drinks!). Close to a good shopping mall and plenty of dining options within driving or even walking distance. Safe area and convenient to highways. Comfortable great room with library and games. Comfortable beds with fabulous pillows. Great, free wifi. Pool was a decent size and good temperature-ditto on the hot tub. Our room was very quiet and the rate we paid, especially with my AAA discount, was more than fair. I would have no qualms about staying here again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank librarychick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Greater Cincinnati
Reviewed 2 April 2011

I have not stayed in Chattanooga for more than 25 years and was pleasantly surprised by the area of this hotel and the nice suite. The staff was nice, room was cute, and comfortable. They had free laundry facilities. There were only two things that could be better the first is the pool is small (not crowed during our stay) there are only 4 chairs beside the pool. Next they do not offer room cleaning the weekends BUT they will give you fresh towels. I will probably stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Cobourg, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2011

After 10 hours on the road from Florida to home in Ontario, we stopped in more than one town and close to ten hotels before we found this wonderful place to stay. Finding a hotel was just not working out for us that day and it was dark and close to 7 p.m. I was exhausted and had been so unimpressed by clerks at other hotels smoking outside their front entrances as we drove up and to others that just couldn't case less to serve us and couldn't care less if we stayed or not. My boys were waiting in the car each time I went inside a hotel in search of a room for the night and their disappoint grew each time it didn't work out. Then we happened upon the Staybridge Suites in Chattanooga. It looked beautiful from the outside and I was greeted in a warm and welcoming way by the gentleman behind the counter. I thought he must be the owner by the way that he seemed to care about us staying the night. He gave us a great suite at a reasonable price and I had the best night's sleep I had had in two weeks away from home. Breakfast was fantastic with such a huge range of food choices - by far the best quality of complimentary breakfasts we had been offered on our journey. We were welcome to stay until 12 noon the next day which is their check-out time and we did stay until about 10:30 to avoid some rainy and windy conditions and the morning front desk person was also great.
It's my pleasure to write about this hotel and help them to achieve #1 status in Chattanooga. From what I saw they are leaps and bounds ahead of the others!!
If I journey to Florida again in the future I will plan around a stop at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Us3toFloridaandback
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I was in town to attend a funeral and stayed here in a queen suite for two nights. The room was absolutely perfect--clean (spotless actually), spacious, and comfortable. Everything (the kitchen area, living room area, bedroom, and bathroom) looked brand new, as if I were the first person to have stayed in it. There was a lot of variety to the breakfast and everything tasted good and fresh. I will stay here again whenever i come to Chattanooga.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Marcus427
alabama
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Staybridge Suites was great. The two bedroom suite was just what my family needed. Breakfast was good and the friendly front desk staff gave us a late checkout so that my son could shower after his XC race. Thanks Staybridge!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank 5ks
Georgia
Reviewed 4 October 2010

This hotel got some bad reviews, but I would stay here again and I expect a lot out of things in life. The rooms were clean, front desk was friendly and fast check in. Breakfast was great, full breakfast. Pool was fun, and location is around the mall with plenty of eating. Downtown is about 15min. away and easily reached.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Bubbie2
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I booked this room on priceline.com. It was a last minute trip and funds were very tight so I really had to get a good deal but still wanted to stay somewhere very nice. I was travelling with my godchildren and wanted them to have access to the basic amenities. Using Priceline I was able to get an amazing rate of $60.00 by bidding. The rate directly through the hotel was $109.00 which was still a good rate for the area and this level of hotel. The area is great you are near everything and it’s right off the interstate. The mall is 5 minutes away. The room was very nice and clean with the exception of a some staining on the floor of the bath tub. I had a non-smoking Queen studio with a sleeper sofa. It was plenty of room for me and my 2 godchildren. The kitchenette was a good size and had everything we needed and more. There is also a Free hot breakfast available which was great!! The customer service was overall pretty good but not above and beyond. I would definitely recommend and stay here again. It was my first stay at a Staybridge Suites and it was a pleasant Surprise.

Tip 1
If you can…. bid through Priceline for great rates. : )

Pros
1. Great Location
2. Suite Style rooms at an affordable price- Studios, 1 or 2 Bedroom Suites.
3. Great Amenities- Free hot Breakfast, Indoor pool, Fitness Center, In room movies, Library, Free newspaper (USA Today and Local) and Business Center.
4. Quick Check In and Out.

Cons

No major ones I can think of at this time.

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank Tellthetruth88