“Bring your own pillow, theirs smell like bleach.”

Best Western Royal Inn
Ranked #34 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Over all this is an okay place to stay for one night.

Pros: The room looked clean and the bed was comfortable. I liked the look of the room and the "clean" remote. Breakfast was decent, and basic. I Liked the offering of types of tea. The hotel is Very close to interstate 24 and Walmart.

Cons: I was in downstairs room and the persons above me walked/ran around till 1 am.
The pillow and sheet have a terrible bleach smell. I had to put a t-shirt on one just to sleep. Most of the morning, My skin was pink from where it came in contact with the fabric. The tub was stained and yellowing in splotches. Coffee maker in the room didn't work. Every time you stepped outside the overwhelming smell of fry grease would hit my nose. Wendy's is above and next door.

Room Tip: Ask for the opposite side of Wendy's and towards the back, upstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Kimberly S,

Thank you so much for your review regarding your stay. I apologize for the issue that you experienced with the pillows and will certainly address this issue with our housekeeping team. I am however pleased to see that you enjoyed the comfort and convenience of your room and I hope that you had the opportunity to explore Chattanooga to see all there is to enjoy! I hope that you will give us another opportunity to knock it out of the park!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Royal Inn

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I had our own room while vacationing with my family (parents & brother with his wife). We checked in at about 4pm local time and that process was smooth and timely. The only problem was our room wasn't actually ready. The cleaning crew was still in our room when we walked up. So, we stayed in my parents' room for about 20 minutes waiting for them to finish. Other than that my wife and I's stay was fine. Bed was comfortable, room was clean, nice size tv, and decent free wifi in the room. We didn't eat the breakfast because they couldn't keep it stocked with the droves of people coming in at the time. The hotel had a fair number of people staying at the time and was likely close to capacity. My parents on the other hand had a terrible first night. Somehow the front desk assigned their room to another couple at about 2am and thankfully they had the locked every deadbolt and sliding lock because that couple's card worked and they tried to enter the room! Obviously the couple trying to enter was upset as they thought it was their room. To make matters worse the front desk then called my parents about 15 minutes later waking them up again! My dad told them they could deal with it in the morning, hung up, and went back to sleep. The manager was very apologetic for the mistake the next morning but such a mixup should easily have been avoided with an accurate system of rooms being available. Overall, the room was fine and par for the price point but some major lapses in front desk competence spoiled my parents stay. I'd recommend trying somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Josh C,

I am so sorry that you had a series of unfortunate events during your visit with us. I can understand the frustration that this must have caused. I have forwarded your concerns to the rest of our team so that this issue can be resolved for future travelers. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a superior stay. Thanks so much for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was the first stop on our long journey. The staff was amazing to us. We had a long trip there and many miles to go after. This hotel was the best by far. My entire family from grandma to daughter could have stayed there the entire trip. A hotel we judged all others too. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank lish9782
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear lish9782,

We are so honored to be the hotel that set the bar for your future travels! I will be sure to share this review with our entire hospitality team. Your impressions of not only our hotel but our service as well as accommodations are the feeling that we want every guest to walk away with! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Best Western Royal Inn in the near future!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My family and I stayed there a couple of weeks back. Good breakfast, nice soft bed and got a late checkout of 12:30pm. The late check out lets us go on the 10am Chattanooga duck rides and then come back to pack up. No late check out, no duck rides. Easy to find, price was right at $85 a night including tax for a family of 4 with an AARP discount. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Clete B,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am so pleased that our hospitality team was able to accommodate you with a late check out so that you and your family could have an opportunity to enjoy all the wonderful attractions that Chattanooga has to offer! Should your travels bring you back to the area, we would be more than happy to welcome you back for another terrific stay!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Nice place to stay - staff friendly and helpful. It was easy to access the facility and the grounds were well kept. the breakfast was hot and good. The coffee was good and we enjoyed the stay. We would stay at this location again. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tymon H,

Thank you so much for choosing Best Western to by your hotel accommodation of choice and for your wonderful review regarding your stay. We are so pleased that we had the opportunity to provide you with a superior stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were stuck after a deer run in. But these people got us into the last room at 2 am in the mornig. They were very helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to make us feel at home when we were shook up ofter the accident. Breakfast was a little light compared to other best westerns we had stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear James S,

I am so glad that you found our hotel during what must have been a stressful time. I can understand how frustrating it can be when unexpected circumstances arise. I will certainly pass along your feedback to our breakfast team so that we can work on improving this aspect of guest satisfaction! Thanks so much for your review.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very nice hotel, very clean, nice pool, we love the exterior style entry. Much handier. It was pet friendly, important to us. Great location for travelers, visitors to the area. Love the breakfast.
We well always stop at this hotel.

Room Tip: We used pet friendly rooms , first floor. Very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear PatV238,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the exterior style concept of our hotel. We have found that our pet friendly guests really appreciate this convenience when traveling and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel should your travel plans bring you back to the Chattanooga area.