“Good Value”

Best Western Heritage Inn
Ranked #24 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This Best Western had many nice features. Our room was recently updated making it feel fresh and well maintained Comfortable king size bed. Friendly staff at reception. A nice feature is the 24-hour restaurant located on property (operated by a different company). We had a great dinner, reasonably priced and friendly service, so no need to get back in the car to find something non-fast-food to eat. This was a big plus for us on a long road trip. The hotel is located on a busy intersection not far from the freeway, so try to get a room facing the back side to reduce traffic noise. Also, we ended up right next to the pool which was really being enjoyed by families. Would have preferred to be not quite so close but, having said that, the guests did observe hotel policy for pool to be vacated by 10pm so not a major problem.

1  Thank winksHouston

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is an older hotel but it has been well kept. The beds are comfortable and I am picky about my beds. There was a refig and a microwave in our room. Bathroom looks like it was just remodeled. Trust me this is a nice hotel quiet and safe. There is also a 24 dinner on the premise that is pretty good.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Mike G
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have stayed at many Best Western Branded Hotels especially in the South and West and NEVER have I experienced a hotel like this! Immediately upon entering the parking lot of the hotel, I could tell this was like a "Party/Hourly" type of Motel. The exterior was not very clean and people hanging around making lots of noise, etc. When I entered the lobby to check in, I was surprised at how nice it was near the check in area. I got a better feeling towards the hotel. The staff was very pleasant and informed me that the City Cafe Diner right next to check in was very good and if you showed your key you received 10% off your entire meal except dessert. I checked into my suite on the second floor (Room 215) with no elevator, or at least we couldn't find one. An absolute pain when you have a lot of luggage, which we did. The room had a bunch of flies in it that we couldn't seem to get rid of. It was below any Best Western Branded Hotel Standards I have ever stayed at. It looked old. The entire hotel looked like it was in much need for renovation. We felt very dirty in the room. There was dust around. Just felt dingy. We went to the pool that had some debris in it. It did pour before we had gone in, but you think an employee would strain the pool, not at this hotel. So we stayed in the shallow end that had no debris for a little bit. As it got later more people were coming out of the rooms and hanging in the parking lot drinking, eating, etc. As I said, "Party Hotel". It was very loud. There were some bikers there that kept revving their engines and speeding around the parking lot. This went on until after 11 PM. The next morning I was walking to the lobby to check out and I was absolutely appalled at what I saw. Next to the pool area are 2 picnic tables and a garbage can. The picnic table were loaded with trash (beer bottle, beer cans, soda, plate of pizza, plates, pizza boxes, etc.) The garbage can was overloaded with trash and pizza boxes on the side and on top. Just disgusting. It wasn't like it was early morning either. It was 10 a.m. when I walked to the lobby. Completely uncalled for. My first reaction to the hotel when I pulled into the parking lot was completely right! The only good thing about the hotel was the City Cafe Diner open 24 hours and absolutely amazing food, service. The Cakes are to die for! Especially the chocolate chip mint! Huge portions for a reasonable price. The Steak Fajitas were enough for 3 or 4 people! Incredible. The check -in and check-out staff were friendly as well! This is more like a Motel 6 or 8, not a Best Western! I definitely would not return or recommend to others.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

As usual we had a great stay at the hotel. the city cafe is always a great place to eat. this hotel is always my first choice when i stay in Chattanooga.i would refer it to anyone who needs a place to stay in chattanooga.

1  Thank Tony M
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is the first time I had stayed at this particular hotel. I stayed on 6/25/14. Great experience! The staff at the front desk ( Lisa &b Tracy ) couldn't have been any nicer and made me feel anymore welcome. The rooms are updated and very clean. The restaurant ( as everyone has written in their reviews ) is fantastic. The food was excellent and so much to choose from. Couldn't have had better stay, and I will be back when in the area.
Thanks, Bob Mc ( Loveland,Ohio )

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We have stayed in several Best Westerns and this was one of the best! The staff was very helpful! The hotel rooms and hotel are very clean! The location was easily accessible, but right on a main street with lots of traffic!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

On first site, I was worried this was going to be a bad experience. This hotel is so close to the road on 2 sides, that it only has room for one-way lanes to get around the hotel. I picked a room on the opposite side, only to find I was facing the gas station/truck stop. Right now, at 6:47pm, it is still pretty noisy outside, but by bedtime, I have not noticed a lot of noise.
The room is comfortable, with cozy clean beds and clean bathroom. (They apparently use something very perfumy, like an airfreshener, when cleaning but I survived).
No free breakfast because it is attached to City Cafe Diner, but they give a 10% discount to guests. HBO was not working, nor are any of the channels actually HD, but there is a flat screen, and refrigerator and microwave.
All rooms are like old motel style, doors open out to parking, no inside hallways, which I prefer, but over all, I would stay here again. The 3 night rate at $52 made it a good bargain.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business