“Great place to stay and pet friendly”

Best Western Heritage Inn
Ranked #24 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I was traveling with my cousin and parrot from FL on our way home to OH. The front desk woman was very friendly and helpful. We told her we were traveling with our parrot and she did not charge us the pet fee. She also told us the rooms had been recently remodeled so that was a plus. She also recommended the " City Diner" which is open 24 hours they have excellent food (large portions) and desserts to die for. Staff was very friendly in the diner too. Room was clean and perfect for a stop over on our way home. Price of room was very affordable too. Highly recommend and a plus that it is a pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 January 2011

Just stayed here on Monday, 1/3. We were traveling with our big Golden Retriever & usually stay at LaQuinta. The rates were too high at LaQuinta in Chattanooga (we just needed to sleep before hitting the road again in the morning) & we found the Best Western via Google. The lady at the front desk was so friendly & super helpful. Don't know about the other recent review but our room was absolutely spotless with the most comfortable bed! The location is right off of 75 and best of all for tired travelers, there was a diner attached to the hotel with pretty decent diner food (and amazing desserts!). No searching for an open restaurant at 10pm! The City Diner is open 24 hours. A great location for pet owners who just need a place to sleep - this wouldn't be perfect for a long vacation or holiday weekend but totally served the purpose!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2010

When we arrived at this motel we found everyone in town (it seemed) smoking outside the front of the entrance. The restaurant that is attached to the building looked and smelled very unclean. We thought maybe the room would be different and wow were we wrong. I had mentioned at the desk that we were visiting the area for our anniversary. I was pregnant so we couldn't travel too far from home so this was the perfect spot. Anyway the front desk lady told me she would upgraded my room and then started to speak inappropraitely about my husband and our "alone time". Once we got to the room it was aweful. It smelled like cigarette smoke and felt dirty when we first walked in. The huge red heartshaped bathtub in the middle of the room was hilarious until we walked over to it and there were two dead roaches inside. I went into the bathroom and not only was there a live bug behind the toilet there were numerous holes in the tiles in the floor and walls. My husband laid down on the bed while I was calling the front desk to ask for another room. I told him he shouldn't lay on the bedspread because it looked like it was from 1980. He pulled the covers down and go figure there were two nasty hairs on the sheets. At that point I told the front desk woman that we had to be moved. She told me that we already agreed to that room and she wouldn't move us. I told her we didn't ask for this "upgrade" so I wanted the room we originally booked. She told us she didn't have any other rooms. I was furious so we packed up our bags in the car while scary people were lurky in the shadows smoking and drove back to the front desk. I asked for our money back and she refused. Not once did she apologize or seem to even care the room had bugs and hairs in it probably because that was the norm. This motel needs a complete renovation in cosmetics and staff! Do not waste your time or money on this place unless you enjoy the smell of smoke, sleeping in other people's mess, and bugs crawling around in your room.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ARWfranklin
chattanoogatnshah, Webmaster at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn for your recent stay in our area. Congratulations to you and your husband on the upcoming addition to your family, how very wonderful.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The front desk staff received additional training regarding the courteous, respectful manner in which they, as our representatives, are to treat our valued guests.

• Security staff will do all they can to make our valued guests feel protected.

• Maintenance staff was notified of the report of roaches in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to their extermination. They were also told of your report of holes in the bathroom and instructed to see to their repair.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 22 November 2010

We booked a non-smoking room for ourselves and our 10 year old daughter. When we arrived, the room we were given was filthy and reeked of smoke. Also, the hotel was hosting a motorcycle event that weekend and so, in addition to being incredibly loud, the guests were drinking, smoking and otherwise having a good time outside their rooms. Completely inappropriate atmosphere for a young child. When we went to the office to complain, the staff literally did not get out of their chairs and said we could not change rooms and that our credit card would be charged. We called Best Western who advised us that this hotel had been on probation for not meeting Best Western standards. We had no choice but to leave and checked into the Hilton Garden Inn down the street (which was fabulous!). The manager of the Heritage Inn contacted me and all she would do was offer me a free stay - are you kidding! Save yourself the hassle - don't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank scout7305

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry that things didn’t turn out as you had expected.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our representatives.

• Management staff received additional training regarding their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests are reminded of their responsibility to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

• Front desk staff received additional training regarding the courteous, respectful manner in which they, as our representatives, are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that if you visit our area again, you will change your mind and once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 6 August 2010

I frequently stay @ Best Western-they have superior quality linens, and bedding, free wi-fi, frig and microwave in all rooms and always have parking.
The Heritage was even better as the staff was also superior. I arrived several hours early and was stopping in to ask a question regarding a National Park I wished to visit. The clerk took a look at me and could tell I was travel weary...she had my room ready and let me check in early. It was wonderful to clean up and relax before I visited the park.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I stayed one night at the Best Western Battlefield Inn right across the state line in Georgia. What an experience. Horrible smell in room - people outside late at night (next to the pool), etc. I was going to spend three nights but left after one and came to this motel.
What a difference! Same price - but room was cleaner and larger. Pool was nothing to write home about but felt safe. Close to Hamilton Place Mall and lots of restaurants. Liked the all night restaurant attached to the motel.
As a Best Western user, this was a pretty decent place to stay.
They do need more help with the check-in as it was crowded and only had one person.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2010

No surprise there is limited staff at night, but there were plenty of people outside their rooms at 11pm. Fortunately, they were mostly adults and not college kids, so while there was lots of talking, it wasn't as disruptive as it could be. Non-smoking rooms smelled poorly from the next door smoking rooms. The quoted price was lowered (without asking) when we checked in, though taxes and fees made up the difference). Bathrooms were small but clean and modern. Turning the light/fan switch on resulted in old cig smoke being drawn in, so we showered with the lights out, door open (great temperature and pressure). While I wouldn't stay again, it wasn't a bad experience.

1  Thank Revanche
chattanoogatnshah, Webmaster at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Heritage Inn during your recent visit to our area.

Upon receipt of your response, the following actions were taken:

1) The management staff received extra training as to their responsibility to see to it that guests remember to be considerate of their fellow guests and not be disruptive during the late hours.

2) Maintenance staff was notified about the problem of the fan drawing in old cigarette smoke and asked to see if there was anything they could do to eliminate this problem.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at the Best Western Heritage Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.