“We'll be back”

Ranked #2 of 9 Chattanooga B&B and Inns
Louisville, Kentucky
“We'll be back”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Spent the night at Bluff View.
Good B&B location for walking to downtown attractions.
Nice view of river from our balcony.
Enjoyed the other Bluff View restaurant, coffee house cafe's.
Will be back again.

Room Tip: Very happy with the Morgan Llewellyn Suite.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We just got back from a great trip to Chattanooga (love the October weather) and were so happy we found the Bluff View Inn. We had our 3-year-old daughter with us, and we were so pleased with the set-up of the Portera/Randall room. The bathroom was very large, our room was spacious and elegant with comfy bed, and her room had a twin bed with lots of pillows to keep her safe if she rolled around or off the bed. We loved the location- art gallery next door and the Rembrandt Cafe for breakfast and sweet treats. Our daughter had fun on the front porch and little yard with trees. It doesn't take much to keep a little one happy.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank maliaandalex
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed here for a family get-away over a long weekend, enjoying all the family activities that Chattanooga has to offer: aquarium, wooden bridge, glass bridge, large park with huge fountains for kids to play in and horse carousel for $1 a ride... We chose the Bluff View Inn for its central location and to be right next to some good restaurants. It did not disappoint in location at all. All the above sites were a very easy walk, and the Italian restaurant in Bluff View was immediately adjacent to our B&B house and very easy to make use of. We stayed in the Mabel Thompson suite, which is ideal for families with kids because there is a fully separable room for the kids, still allowing access to the kitchen, main bedroom/sitting area, and bathroom. The kitchen was full with a large fridge, and the bed and bathroom were comfortable. This B&B has an antique, somewhat European style. Our apt was decorated in antique pieces of dark wood, but the rooms were well lit with big windows and the apt did not feel dark. Our A/C worked well, but our friends next door had a problem - theirs froze the first night. So warning...do not turn your AC all the way down when you get to the room or it may freeze and break for 24 hours!
The breakfasts were good, both at the main house buffet style (weekends only) and at Rembrandt's cafe (a la carte).
Overall the stay was more pleasant than I expected, in large part because of the good size of the room, the location of the Bluff View Arts District, and the good food right on site. Also, for guests of the inn, they do try to get you a table faster now (some prior complaints about this). Although it is not luxury like a 5* hotel, it is quite comfortable and has much more character than a typical business hotel. They also refill sodas and water in your fridge (free for the drinking) every day, which is a lovely touch.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mindwanderer
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed here for two nights in August 2011 - we were in town to visit a sick family member. Can't say enough good about Emma at the front desk - she was super nice and helpful! The location is very convenient to the river front and arts area. The breakfasts are very good. We had the penthouse on the third floor the first night and a queen room on the second floor the second night. The penthouse is very pricey and I would not book it again. It is extremely dark, with a very small window in the bedroom, and one in the sitting room. The bathroom is reached via the sitting room, and also very dark with no windows. There is no elevator either so you have to carry your luggage up the front steps into the Inn and two flights up to the penthouse. I didn't see other rooms on the 3rd floor but they may be dark as well, because it's an attic with sloped ceilings and little dormers. Anyway, at $265 it is not worth it. The second floor room was about $165 and it was lovely.
The internet was hard to access from penthouse but easily accessed from second floor.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank karen g
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 August 2011

After verifying with two different front desk associates that I was booking "Lookout Mountain Package" I arrive at the Bluff View Inn only to be cutoff at check-in by a manager who assured me that this was not possible as this package hasn't been avaliable for over a year. As a hotel GM myself, I believe that A) if I didn't offer something, I wouldn't advertise it on my website, and B) if a clerk had already made assurances to a guest that they were recieving a package, avaliable or not, I would try my best to honor our commitment rather than presenting myself as rudely as possible as if the mistake were the guests...I love Chatanooga, it is a beautiful city. I even enjoyed my time at the Inn, after being verbally assaulted by the "manager," I would just recommend finding other accomodations if you are ever in Chatanooga, TN. Oh yeah, and if you want the package that isn't avaliable, here is the link: http://www.bluffviewartdistrict.com/subpage.php?pageId=147

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 October 2010

The Bluff View Inn is the heart of the Bluff View Arts District. It is perfectly located near the Hunter Art Museum and across the footbridge from the eclectic Northshore neighborhood. Unfortunately, the Inn's amenities and customer care don't rise to the level of the great location. Each hotel room has complementary locally roasted coffee and a Kuerig coffee machine (good). Unfortunately the coffee machine in my $280 per night suite was full of old coffee grounds and stale water from a prior guest (Not good). The Inn is located near several affiliated restaurants/cafes (Good). Unfortunately, 2 of the 3 restaurants don't take reservations and there is no priority seating for hotel guests. (Not good.) This means that despite being a hotel guest I had to wait almost one hour to get a table. Moreover, despite being a hotel guest and not getting a "first available" table until 8:30 PM, there was no apology, consideration, or even complementary item for my inconvenience. As a guest of the Inn, I expect better. The Inn does offer some room/restaurant packages, but these assume you're traveling as a couple and I am traveling alone. I would stay here again to enjoy the neighborhood, but would book one of the economy rooms. At almost $300 for a suite, the hotel is unable to fulfill my expectations for a highend hotel experience.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank DmedusaD
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 13 October 2010

My prescription pain medication was stolen from my purse while I was attending my daughters wedding downstairs. Bluff View Inn hasn't bothered to return my calls or respond to my email. A police report was filed. The officer I talked to wasn't at all surprised that the only thing taken was the pain medication. BTW -I would not have returned to Bluff View Inn due to the rudeness of the lady when we checked in. We were next in line when the visitor behind us rudely jumped ahead of us because "she just needs to grab her key so she can go lay down". The attendant actually allowed this to happen and waited on her first!!! Unbelievable! Do yourself a big favor and stay away.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family