“Disappointed”

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #560 of 847 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We may have caught them on a bad day, but our experience was bad. The soup was cold and the sandwiches were poor. And unfortunately, the staff wasn't particularly nice either. We came in hungry and left hungry. We've eaten at the one on Signal Mountain Blvd and were pleased. This was the first time at this one, and I think it will be the last time.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I guess if you think of the "meal" as a snack then you will not be as disappointed. Must be trying to save some money as our sandwiches had less of the good stuff. Have not eaten here in a six months and could tell a big difference. Was not that impressed then and less so now. It took forever to get two sandwhiches and a cup of soap. There was nobody in line in front of us, but there were two couples seated waiting to have there food brought out. It took over 20 minutes after ordering to be served. Lots of staff not really doing anything. The two staff we dealt with were friendly. Not sure I will be rushing back.

Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

The food is good. Something a little different and they do have vegetarian dishes. However, my most recent visit left me waiting for my food for 30 minutes and some of the employees were jus standing around. I realize that everyone has certain jobs, but it is still frustrating to see.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

This is another deli sandwich place, but the offerings are different and delicious.
Well Worth a visit !

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I like their pick two options because it's the same price for all menu items, regardless of the category. Another chain down the road charges more depending on what category of sandwich or salad you choose, and I think that's unfair. McAlister's spuds are my favorite part of the experience because they are huge. I like the bacon spud but I hate that I always have to remember to ask for sour cream. They should ask if you want that on the front end. I ordered the turkey florentine sandwich for my other half of my meal, and I thought the flavor was good, but underwhelming. I was expecting more. I'm also disappointed that they still don't offer wifi. When I'm alone, I like to eat and work on stuff at the same time, so i don't frequent them as often as I would if they offered internet.