“Best Front Desk Ladies”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Best Front Desk Ladies”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The ladies at the front desk were the best I've ever met at a hotel while traveling, especailly Linda. They were very helpful and knowledgeable. They really cared that we had a comfortable and great stay at their hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for your nice comments. I'm happy to hear you were so pleased with our associates. I'll pass that along. Thanks for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
East Tennessee
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here two nights for a Conference. Very good accommodations, bed was very comfortable with lots of good pillows. Bathroom was a bit small but everything worked. Fridge and microwave were very nice touch too. Everyone on the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. The only drawback was trying to figure out what channels were available on the HDTV.

Room Tip: Really good if you are a Hilton points member and get to stay on one of the higher floors.
Green Features: Salt water pool. Reuse of towels card explained how to save water and not have towels washed everyday.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown for your conference--we-re happy to hear it was a success. We are glad to know that you also enjoyed our great amenities and services during your stay as well. Please stay with us again soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 October 2013

At the last minute, my husband and I chose to spend our last night in Tennessee in downtown Chattanooga. I selected this property based on price and reviews. Yes, the room was clean, but it was tiny. We barely had room for our suitcases. The furniture overpowers the room. Perhaps I had higher expectations based on the many other Doubletree hotels I have stayed in over the years.

The hotel is just a few blocks from many restaurants and the tourist attractions. The self-parking is very easy to use. The front desk staff was professional. They immediately switched us to another room when the first room we were assigned smelled of smoke. It too was very small. Overall, it was just not what I expect from a Doubletree experience.

1 Thank DebstheOne
Thank you for your review about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We are very sorry you were unhappy with size of our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback. We hope you'll stay with us again soon.
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 October 2013

If you're looking for a downtown hotel in Chattanooga the Hilton and Marriott chains have a number of choices on Chestnut St. We chose the Doubletree. The lobby and second floor bar H2O) and restaurant (Eleven) are pleasant places if you don't feel like going out. The wait staff were very accommodating.
Our room for two was a bit narrow, but otherwise clean and comfortable. Parking was easy.
The front desk personnel were great. Kudos to Sarah and Megan

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown for your recent stay. I'm happy to hear that our service and great amenities made your stay more enjoyable. Hope to see you again very soon!
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

In downtown Chattanooga, this hotel is only two block from the kid's discovery museum, very close to the aquarium, and many, many great restaurants. Staff was very accommodating and welcoming. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your great review. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We hope you will stay with us again soon!
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband was in a motorcycle accident on August 25, 2013. I realized he would be at Erlanger Trauma Center for several weeks. I used our Hilton Honor points for a couple of those weeks. The staff in all areas of my stay were amazing. The valets were so kind in always asking how my husband was doing when I would come back in at night. Especially Chris would go out of his way to let me know how much he cared and thought of my husband. The chef one day offered to help me get my car earlier as the valets were very busy. And on one of my last days there I ordered a Chicken Caesar Salad and when he found they were out of the dressing, he made it from scratch and it was amazing. I stayed two more weeks after my points ran out and was sad to tell everyone goodbye. Thank you Doubletree for making a terrible situation bearable with your kindness.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so glad that we were able to make your stay feel like home! I will pass this along to Chris and the others who were so gracious to you during your stay here at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We hope that your husband is making a speedy recovery. Thank you again for choosing us.
Millington, Tn, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My room seemed to be very small for what Double Tree normally has # 820. Also the desk clerk sent us first to room 828. No such number. Later that evening we met a young couple on the elevator dragging their luggage back to the lobby. He said they gave him a room that didn't exist. Been there done that. I have to rate you average but for a Double Tree and Hilton I was disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for the inconvenience with the room situation. However, we do hope that the remaining part of your stay was a pleasure. We do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Chattanoooga.