“Nice hotel and location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #7 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashville, United States
“Nice hotel and location”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here on our honeymoon and they upgraded us to a suite which was very nice. It was very spacious. It was by the elevator which was nice in one way, but you could also hear the elevator. It was Sunday night so it wasn't a busy night, but I would think it would be a little more disturbing if it was a regular weekend night. We ordered dessert for room service and it was delicious. We also got breakfast at the buffet the next morning. We went a little late so it wasn't packed and the food was good. There was a good variety for all types of breakfast eaters. Overall I would recommend the hotel for the cleanliness and location of the hotel in downtown Chattanooga.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thanks for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay , breakfast, and our great amenities while on your honeymoon. We hope to see you again very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Milwaukee,
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Let me start off by saying, if you are on a budget...do not stay here, it is not cheap. With that in mind, it is well worth the money. My wife and I were on our honeymoon and stopped in Chattanooga for 2 nights (10/25/13 - 10/27/13). We had high expectations...needless to say the Hilton Doubletree far exceeded them.The room was clean, luxurious, and spacious. The breakfast was delicious and the location cannot be beat as it is in the heart of Chattanooga. There are some "seedy" areas that you will want to avoid in the downtown area, but this hotel was in a good spot and within walking distance to several restaurants and bars. The staff at the hotel is very helpful and friendly, in fact the front desk staff is amazing. From the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out they were always there to help. The "extra" touches (champagne, chocolate strawberries) placed in our room really set the tone for the start of our honeymoon. If I had to say one thing that needs improvement, it would be the guests of the hotel. Being a more upscale hotel meant the arrogant and demanding guests were out in full force. I cannot believe how some people treat the staff. Kudos to the staff for being able to shrug it off though. If we were to return to Chattanooga, we would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your nice comments and CONGRATULATIONS!. I'm happy to hear our friendly associates here at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown made your stay extra special and you enjoyed our great amenities. We hope you will stay with us again soon!
Chattanooga, United States
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The first thing that struck me about this trip was the welcoming and friendly staff at this Double Tree. They were very accommodating and helpful at every turn. The facility is very nice and has all of the amenities I needed. The location in downtown Chattanooga is perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We are happy to know that you were so pleased with our friendly associates, great amenities and our location. We hope you will stay with us again soon in the future.
nashville, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was pleased with the quality of the hotel, the customer service, amenities and the room. I look forward to going there again soon! They even gave me a warm cookie when I arrive. The team was very responsive to my requests and made me feel pampered. The valets went out of their way to help in any way they could to accommodate my needs,

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our associates were so accomodating to you. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Warminster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The ladies at the front desk were the best I've ever met at a hotel while traveling, especailly Linda. They were very helpful and knowledgeable. They really cared that we had a comfortable and great stay at their hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your nice comments. I'm happy to hear you were so pleased with our associates. I'll pass that along. Thanks for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown!
East Tennessee
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here two nights for a Conference. Very good accommodations, bed was very comfortable with lots of good pillows. Bathroom was a bit small but everything worked. Fridge and microwave were very nice touch too. Everyone on the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. The only drawback was trying to figure out what channels were available on the HDTV.

Room Tip: Really good if you are a Hilton points member and get to stay on one of the higher floors.
Green Features: Salt water pool. Reuse of towels card explained how to save water and not have towels washed everyday.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown for your conference--we-re happy to hear it was a success. We are glad to know that you also enjoyed our great amenities and services during your stay as well. Please stay with us again soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 October 2013

At the last minute, my husband and I chose to spend our last night in Tennessee in downtown Chattanooga. I selected this property based on price and reviews. Yes, the room was clean, but it was tiny. We barely had room for our suitcases. The furniture overpowers the room. Perhaps I had higher expectations based on the many other Doubletree hotels I have stayed in over the years.

The hotel is just a few blocks from many restaurants and the tourist attractions. The self-parking is very easy to use. The front desk staff was professional. They immediately switched us to another room when the first room we were assigned smelled of smoke. It too was very small. Overall, it was just not what I expect from a Doubletree experience.

1 Thank DebstheOne
Thank you for your review about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We are very sorry you were unhappy with size of our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback. We hope you'll stay with us again soon.