DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Read House(Chattanooga)
  • Restaurant
1,317 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesfront deskwithin walking distancegreat hotelself parkbusiness tripbreakfast buffetvalet parkingchildren's museumrooms were very cleanstaff was very friendlytennessee aquariumwould stay here againfire pitbed was comfortableparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Since I didn't stay at another hotel in Chattanooga I can't say if the prices were higher elsewhere but we were offered a price break of $139 per night before taxes, for a pre-booked wedding party. The staff was friendly however, I wasn't offered a warm cookie and was disappointed. Another disappointment was the size of the rooms. I felt cramped and have had larger rooms at a Hampton Inns elsewhere.
Buffet Breakfast was okay, however, they were trying to save seats for a large party. As our group ended up being just as large and left before the others arrived, I failed to see the point. To tell you the truth, even though I am a rewards member, I wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: A view of the river would be nice. My view was of the rooftop!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We are sorry to hear that our guestrooms were not up to your expectations and that you were not offered a warm cookie. We do appreciate your feedback. We work hard to personalize each guest's experience while trying to keep costs affordable. We do hope you would stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

When you check in this hotel, the staff is very friendly. The king size room is very small by Hilton standards. You have to keep the bathroom door closed or otherwise it will block your way out of the room. The room is clean, the bed is comfortable, and the location is good. I have to give it a 3 star rating as it felt too closed in to be a 4 or 5.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We appreciate your feedback and are very sorry you were not pleased with the size of our guestrooms. We are happy you enjoyed our friendly associates, amenities, and location. We do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

We were passing through and needed somewhere to stay. I chose the Doubletree because I read the reviews of how nice the staff is and how clean it is there. I have to say, I was impressed by the lobby right off the bat. The staff was super friendly. The bartender Anita, was a doll. Catherine at the front desk was awesome as well. The room was very nice. We had a king suite with a sofa bed. The bed was made beautifully. Besides the stain on the rug in front of the bed and lipstick wiped on the back of the bathroom door, it was clean. We had breakfast the next morning and although the service was excellent, the food was not so good. The shade of lipstick on the coffee mug wasn't my shade. The setup was nice though. I would suggest not getting the buffet and just ordering something from the menu. Only because the buffet isn't worth $10 a person. I know I didn't eat $10 worth. It was a nice place to stay but nothing stands out about it enough to say it was worth $254 In total.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown for your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that Anita and Katherine made your stay more pleasant-- I will pass that along to their management team. We are very sorry to hear that your dining experience did not meet your expectations and do appreciate your feedback. We do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My husband & I travel all the time and I must say this is the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in. The room was barely functional but had all the amenities that most full service hotel provide. Also, another complaint was that the room keys did not work the second day of our stay for the room or the parking area. Frustrating, because you have to park the car, go to desk to get the key reprogrammed and go to gate to learn that the key doesn't work again for the second time. The desk clerk suggested that I park it in the Valet designated spots. That worked!!!
The linens were a nice quality and maid service was good. Front desk staff were helpful with directions. If in Chattanooga again, I would stay at the HGI or Hampton Inn & Suites down the street. The rooms are more spacious!!!!

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms and that you had issues with the key cards during your stay. We are glad to know that our front desk associate was able to accomodate your parking needs and directions to downtown locations. We do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here on our honeymoon and they upgraded us to a suite which was very nice. It was very spacious. It was by the elevator which was nice in one way, but you could also hear the elevator. It was Sunday night so it wasn't a busy night, but I would think it would be a little more disturbing if it was a regular weekend night. We ordered dessert for room service and it was delicious. We also got breakfast at the buffet the next morning. We went a little late so it wasn't packed and the food was good. There was a good variety for all types of breakfast eaters. Overall I would recommend the hotel for the cleanliness and location of the hotel in downtown Chattanooga.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thanks for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay , breakfast, and our great amenities while on your honeymoon. We hope to see you again very soon!