“Avoid at all costs!! Hotel is NOT what it looks like on the website!”
Review of Chatt City Suites

Chatt City Suites
Ranked #82 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 26 April 2009

Our first clue was the prostitute on the corner near the hotel. As we walked to our room, we noticed a tool/maintenance room that was open with tools of all kind laying around. The room was still open early the next morning - obviously was open all night. Once in the room, the first thing we noticed was the door had been recently kicked-in. The sheets were stained, the towels were dingy and stained. There was gum residue on the chair next to the desk. After a 15 hour road trip, we were too exhausted to make a move and cancel our reservation. The only saving grace was the shower - hot and lots of pressure. The pictures on the website didn't look anything like the property! Very deceiving! Find another place to stay!! This was the worst hotel we've ever stayed in. Gross! Obviously the neighborhood is in decline (putting it nicely). We barricaded the doors with our luggage hoping we wouldn't be awakened by gunfire or worse.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheeseheads0409
There are newer reviews for Chatt City Suites

Reviewed 6 October 2008

When we pulled in, my husband asked to see a room before we checked in because the place looked like a dump! We went to see a room, and you could tell they had done recent renovations, it looked great, a little small, but decent! We got our room key and went to our room and it was actually bigger then the room we saw. Very nice accomodations, fridge and microwave were in the room, along with big flat-screen TV. Outside did look a little scary, but the pool looked great! Convenience store next door is a little shady at night (had a guy ask the man next to me for money) but during the day it was fine. Had no problems coming and going from the hotel by myself at night. Would stay there again if we needed.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2008

This hotel is the worst hotel I have ever been to in my entire life. It is old, run down, and stuff is broken everywhere! The room smelled like smoke even though it was a nonsmoking room. The pillows were stained. The hotel itself is not in a good part of town. We actually passed many others that were way nicer. My husband booked the hotel online. I found the pictures deceiving on the website. It doesn't look even remotely as nice as the pictures show.
I would never recommend this place to anyone for any reason!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Shock77
Reviewed 16 June 2008

We stayed here on our way to Florida--the price was awesome, the staff were very friendly, helpful and nice and the room was of fine quality. It is what you get for the price--nothing fancy--it was perfect for us to stay over night in. We swam in the pool and it seemed very clean. I was very satisfied with this motel for our overnight stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2008

I was lured in to my reservation because of the cheap prices, (what I thought was a good location), and room selections. I was traveling with family and we needed bigger beds so kids could sleep with the adults. I booked two rooms with two QUEEN size beds.

We first ran into problems when they lost my parent's reservation, but somehow gave them one of my two rooms (that was reserved separately). It was fixed for us. Thankfully, they weren't completely booked that night!

When I walked into my "extra large room w/ Queen beds", I found a dirty room (basically it appears they never clean corners, under the beds) and two double beds. The staff swore to me they were queen and gave me a disgusting pack N play so we've have room for our toddler and of course, she never slept in it.

I complained twice about the beds, both times I was told they were queens. They were smaller than the queen size beds in the queen suite my family had. I didn't know a queen size bed had so many sizes. The beds were also the most uncomfortable I've ever attempted to sleep on and got only 3 hours of sleep. We contemplated finding ANY other hotel to move to, but it was Memorial Day weekend.

This hotel is inexpensive, but for that price you will find false advertising, dirty rooms & pool area, a generally "run down" hotel, a sad excuse for even a free breakfast, and an ignorant staff.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank sakawaki
Reviewed 1 July 2007

Made reservations online rooms were nothing like what was show . Room description was for 2 queen beds got 2 full beds. Rooms were run down and up keep look horrible. Wouldn't stay here again. Security guard was rude and was more interested in females in pool.

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank tndispleased
Reviewed 3 August 2006

We stayed three nights, because we could not get a room at any other hotel. If we could have, we would have left after the second night. We were awakened at 2:30 a.m. by screaming and yelling coming from the pool, which is in the center of the complex.

We immediately called hotel staff, because the pool was supposed to be locked up and closed at 10:00 p.m. each evening. They promised to do something, but did not. The noise continued for over an hour and we could not sleep.

The next morning, they apologized and said those guests had checked out. That night, we got a repeat performance, and the staff began to lie to us by stating these people were "jumping over the fence into the pool" when we could clearly see them going in and out of an unlocked gate. The next morning, the manager refused to make any adjustments to the bill or apologize for this appalling situation.

We paid for two nights of sleep we never got, and will never stay at another Day's Inn again because of the complete lack of effort on their part to do anything about the situation. If you ever stay at a Hotel in Chattanooga, stay away from this terrible place.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business