“Don't stay here!!!”

Days Inn Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Ranked #31 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 12 October 2006

I would not stay at this hotel ever again. Next to impossible to get in the room, the door would unlock but extremely hard to get door to open, had to slam body into it. Then when other people came in at 2 am and had a hard time getting into their rooms because of the doors, they were talking and yelling back and forth and then stated that they were going to try key in my door and see if it opened. The room and bathroom was dirty as well as the bedspreads. The tv didn't work properly. The continental breakfast was a joke. There are no elevators so had to carry up the luggage 2 flights of stairs. Staff not helpful in regards to any of the problems we encountered.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank diner524
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Chattanooga/Hamilton Place

Reviewed 4 September 2006

My spouse and I stayed at this property while sightseeing in Chattanooga. The location is convenient to Hamilton Place Mall, which is less than a mile away. However, it is ~10 miles from downtown Chattanooga. There are several restaurants within walking distace (Cracker Barrel-next door; Shoney's, Fazoli's, Wendy's, O'Charley's). The continental breakfast is plentiful - waffles, bacon & egg biscuits, bagels, muffins, etc. The rooms are smallish with not much more than the basic necessities. However, the beds are comfortable and clean with lots of pillows. The bathrooms are very small with barely enough room to open the door without hitting the toilet. Overall, it's a good hotel for the price.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank chem_dr
Reviewed 12 August 2006

The hotel was not as bad as some other people stated. the rooms were small, but overall for the price we paid it was decent. I would stay there again..

1  Thank aretha73
Reviewed 30 May 2006

Recently stayed at Fairfield Chattanooga for 4 nights with family for local HS Graduation. Couldn't have been more pleased. Keeping in mind that this is a budget hotel the facilities and service were just excellent. Staff went out of their way to ensure that we had a pleasant stay. Just can't beat 'southern hospitality'!! Room was clean, simple and well furnished. We were impressed that there was a full (4 drawer) dresser. All our clothes fit easily so we didn't have to 'live out of a suitcase'. Wireless internet worked seamlessly so I was even able to get some work done during the stay. Buffet breakfast was basic and included a staff member making belgian waffles (which my daughter loved every morming). It was near 90 degrees every day and the A/C worked flawlessly. Althought they do not have a gym on site they offered complimentary membership to one just down the road. It was even better than the one at home. Would certainly stay again should we visit Chattanooga in the future.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank EdJack
Reviewed 13 April 2006

The rooms are tiny! Especially the bathroom. You practically need to stand over the toilet to be able to close the door! The staff were friendly which is a plus and definitely makes Marriott stand out from other chains. The breakfast was alright, consisted of cereals and bagels and an elderly lady making tasteless waffles. The good thing is that there is a Cracker Barrel that practically shares the same parking lot as this hotel, and some other restaurants within walking distance. It took us quite a drive to get to the TN Aquarium though. I would stay here again for under $60, but probably not more.

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank TravelAgentinHSV
Reviewed 7 April 2006

This was the hotel we chose for our return trip on our vacation. I kept the reservation because of such a great stay at another hotel of the same brand even though this was a higher rate!! After a day of travel was looking forward to their beds as we had had a wonderful bed in a previous hotel. Their beds were not up to the Fairfield! Our beds were uncomfortable! We also rely on the wireless internet. I have never been unable to connect in a hotel but never did get online. I contacted the front desk and was given an 800 number to call for assistance--never bothered. The room was clean and passable, but I probably would not chose it again.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank rotmeister
Reviewed 13 January 2006

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times, and have been generally happy with my stays. Clean, comfortable, etc. There are several restaurants in walking distance. A couple of points - I've been happier as time has gone by. I was annoyed with a couple of minor issues (related to high speed internet) during my first couple of stays, and went to the nearby Courtyard for my next several. I was lured back by a slightly cheaper rate and a much better cable package, and found things improved. Also, I would recommend asking for a third floor room, with the enclosed hallway. I've found these rooms to be more consistent, though I would expect the first two floors to be fine as well.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled on business