“Unsafe outside but clean inside.”

Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75
Ranked #59 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Waycross, United States
“Unsafe outside but clean inside.”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

When we arrived we didn't feel safe but the room itself was clean. The second shift front desk was terrible but the morning shift was very helpful. Breakfast is poor for Hilton hotel standards. We requested a baby crib and asked the reservations lady to give a hotel a call and make sure they have it ready. When we arrived, the crib was not ready and we had to wait for it for an hour. I wouldn't mind waiting but it was very late in the evening and the baby wanted to sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Azizbek,

I am very sorry for the issues you had at our hotel. It is not the experiences we want our guest to have. Although we are an older hotel, we expect service to be top notch and it was not in your case. I have taken the liberty to refund your credit card. You should not be charged, as we did not 100% satisfy you, it is the Hampton Inn Guarantee. I promise you I will look into the crib for future travelers with that need and also I will talk with Courtney, although we need some of the blame as we sent the second desk clerk home that night leaving Courtney with out and support. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences good and bad with us, it is very valuable to us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We arrived around 8 pm and was greeted by the most pleasant/friendly staff. They baked us fresh cookies and had complimentary chicken nuggets/snacks/water that was very good. This was one of the original Hamptons that was in multiple buildings. The breakfast was very good with lots of choices. The rooms were very clean and roomy. I would definitely stay here again and would certainly recommend this place. Thank you very much to the staff!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Jon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time in letting our future guest and my staff how your stay went. We thank you for your kind words. I noticed you picture and name is of goldwing. Did you know Chattanooga is a great place to ride. We have lots of lakes and scenic view through out the Cumberland Plateau and Smoky Mountains. They start in Chattanooga. Come join us for a weekend or more and stop by the desk to say hello! Thanks for your business.
Dayton
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stopped here for the night to do some sightseeing in Chattanooga and were on our way to Hilton Head. This place was awesome, the best customer service we've witnessed in a long time. The 3 folks working that night were so friendly, we chatted for some time while they prepared more fresh baked cookies, yummy. They also had chicken nuggets, bottled water, bags of chips for an evening snack. They do this every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night. The hotel is one of the original Hamptons so was 29 years old, BUT has been well maintained thru the years with some recent refurbishment. The price was one of the cheapest we have ever experienced at a Hampton. Everything was great and I. WILL be back when traveling thru this area again!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time, to let us know how we did. I especially appreciate you recognizing my staff and I will be sure to share with them your comments. With all the hotels on our exit, my staff goes the extra mile for guest, always coming up with unexpected delights for our guest. You comments re-enforce they do get noticed the little extras they do. We hope if you are ever in our area or have friends traveling through Chattanooga, we can be your hotel. We want your business.
Winona Lake, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Staff, lobby were wonderful. However, the rooms containing two queen beds are a makeover from an old hotel, with outside entrance. I wouldn't stay here again, unless I was traveling alone and only needed one bed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Tryon, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stopped on our way to Tupelo, MS, during a snow storm. The restaurants were closed so the staff served a much appreciated hot dog supper for the guests. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. The next morning the staff even scraped the ice off our windshield. The room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast excellent. Not the fanciest Hampton Inn but the best service of any hotel or motel we have ever stayed in. Thanks again to the staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Jon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to recognize Kornel and the staff that braved the elements that day. I will certainly let the whole team know your compliments. We certainly do appreciate your business and always will be willing to go the extra mile for you on your next visit. Thanks for being our guest!
Marmora, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for the first time on Jan.31st. The front staff were very friendly and helpful. Very nice lobby area and breakfast room. The units (2 levels) are located in several buildings and most have outside corridors.We chose a room with an inside corridor. Our room was very nice and comfortable with a large bathroom with a walk in shower.
Great selection of hot/cold breakfast items. A nice touch was free popcorn/water bottles in the lobby, and complimentary popcorn in room.

This hotel is a minute from I-40. Sadly, from our room we could hear delivery/garbage trucks early in the morning.

Room Tip: Choose a room with an inside corridor for privacy. Choose a room with an exterior corridor for easy...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for visiting us and providing our future guest and ourselves your valued feedback. I am so sorry about the Garbage Truck disturbing you. They are suppose to be on a set schedule so as not to disturb guest. I will be sure to call our vendor and let them know. You gave a great description and useful tips to our future guest. We like to think we have a lot to offer our guest with exterior and interior rooms. Please come back and visit us the next time you are in the area.
Perrville, United States
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Renovation was in process when we stayed at this location last November 2013. It was fully completed when we stayed there last week. Beautifully done! Great bang for our $buck! We'll definitely stay there again on our return trip to MO from FL next November.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your kind words, (your check is in the mail!). We appreciate your comments and I have taken the liberty to share them with our staff, who certain care for our guest. We are still working on various aspects of our property and as soon as the weather presents itself we have a lot of work and changes in store for our future guest. Please visit soon and stop by to say hello, we certainly do appreciate your kind words.