Recently stayed at the Choo Choo because I was attending a concert at their Track29 onsite venue. My reason for choosing this hotel was the close proximity to the show. I read all the negative reviews and decided I would give it a chance since I was mostly excited I could walk to the show, and not so concerned w/ the condition of the room. After staying here I must say I will definitely be back! Im pretty sure that from this point forward rather than taking day trips to Chattanooga I will be staying the night at the Choo Choo.
I went with my boyfriend and Im now so excited to go back and take the kiddos! If you are looking for a 4-5 star hotel, no this is not for you. If you are looking for a unique experience with a budget in mind, look no further! We enjoyed walking around exploring the grounds, the pools, our room was basic yet very comfortable. All we needed it for was to sleep and it was a very comfortable stay. It is a really neat experience, great location, and a comfortable stay. Perfect for families, or anyone that doesnt need a 5 star rating to have a good time.
Oh yeah, I also read a lot of negative reviews about the staff and I would just like to say that we did not encounter any of these rude people on our stay. The staff was great! Upon checking in we were given a map of the grounds(with all points of interest marked by the young man at the desk). In the gift shop a worker noticed a couple trying to decide what to do and where to eat. She quickly asked if they needed help, gave them a map of the area pointing out all of the attractions and recommended some dining options for them. I cant wait to go back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn