Yes, this an old, historic hotel. So, you expect things to not be a "five star" environment.
Really neat setting. Tons of stuff to do in and around the property. Has a nostalgic feel. Room was relatively modern and clean. Staff is very friendly. I could see where it'd be fun to bring a family with young kids. Indoor pool for the winter months. Model railroad. Arcade. Access to bike rentals and shuttle buses. Very convenient.
Not sure why all the downtown hotels are so expensive in this City. The hallway to the room had a musty smell to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn