“How fun!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Chattanooga Choo Choo
Ranked #38 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
“How fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed in the train car and it was so great! How cool! It was quaint going during the Christmas season, with the decorations and Santa visiting.I was concerned about sleeping because I could hear every word of the man's conversation in the train behind us. But the bed was very comfortable and no noise until morning! This is a very fun, memorable place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay in the Train Car!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChooChoo29, Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thanks for the 4 star rating. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. The Choo Choo is beautiful at Christmas time. We sell tons of packages during the season. We look forward to another visit soon.
Regards,
Jill Coker
QA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

My husband and I were excited about spending the night at the Chattanooga Choo Choo on our trip from St. Louis to Florida. It was the worse hotel we have stayed at in years! They put us in the far building with the tour buses. The room was large but sparse-not even a clock. The carpets were torn and musty, both in the room and even worse in the hallways. Sorry Chattanooga, can't think of anything positive to say.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank teachagain
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
I’m sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay at the Chattanooga Choo Choo. Did you notify management about your issues? If management knows of an issue they will act on it. We sometimes make mistakes, but we also make great recoveries. Please, give us a chance is all I ask.
I will reach out to you via tripadvisor. Please call or email me.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

My wife and I just had a return trip to the Chattanooga Choo choo. this is the third time (year) we have stayed there and each time, we are only more impressed. When we checked in, there was some confusion as i had not properly reserved our room. however, the staff at the check in desk went way out of their way to make my mistake go away. when we arrived in our room, my wife and i both sat on our balcony and enjoyed the view (even though it was about 40degrees!). my sleep there was better than at home. i did not wake up the entire night!

i cannot recommend the Choo Choo highly enough!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your repeat business and great review. I am pleased that that the error was corrected to your satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate your great comments. We look forward to your return.
Fort Payne, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband and I recently spent the night in an old train car at the Chattanooga Choo Choo. It was lovely! The car is furnished as it may have been back in the days when the train actually carried passengers. I was intrigued by the history of the entire complex. I'm not sure what the regular hotel rooms were like as every couple in our group stayed in train cars. The location is great. There is so much to see and do in the area. The price was a little high but in my mind, it was well worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 4Rtrip
ChooChoo29, Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
It is great to hear that you enjoyed staying overnight in one of our signature, train car rooms. We have many repeat customers that enjoy the train car rooms. Thanks for appreciating the history of our complex. Come back again soon!
Regards
Jill Ellis Coker
QA
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Recently, I had the opportunity (returning to Nashville from Georgia in icy weather) to stay at the Chattanooga Choo Choo ~ I've always been intrigued by its charm & historic character wondering how the experience would be staying in one of the Pullman cars. It was fabulous....The staff was so accommodating & friendly plus I enjoyed a delicious meal while being entertained by the Singing Servers at the Station House. It was a cozy, sweet treat on a cold wintery night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your great review and the compliments of our staff. We are glad that we exceeded your expectations. The Station House is always a hit, they do a great job. Your review helps us maintain a very high score on tripadvisors Customer Satisfaction Index (November was 88%).
We look forward to your return.
St. Louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I'm writing this review from my bed in the Chattanooga Choo Choo. It's winter, and upon arrival the temperature needle on the thermostat was buried below 50 degrees. I asked the front desk if it was their policy to turn the heat off in rooms before guests arrive. The desk attendant said it was. Odd. A patio set of table/chairs sit in the corner of the room. I sit upon very "springy" mattress (meaning, you can feel the springs). Human body hairs can be found in abundance in the bathroom.

The charm seems to dissipate beyond the lobby. I'm not sure how the railcar rooms are, but the regular hotel rooms seem to just be a 60s-era motel annexed by the Choo Choo. Think Motel 6. Dated. Dingy.

Room Tip: I can't speak for the railcar rooms, but the regular rooms are awful.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Rodick
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
I’m sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay at the Chattanooga Choo Choo. I have shared your review with our management team for corrective action. I would like to speak with you regarding your comments. I will email you via tripadvisor, please call me.

423-308-2424
Bham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Price is a little stealthy especially for me as I am usually all the time on a budget. I have to say, though, I think this place was worth it. We didn't stay in a train car but in a regular room. I think we stayed in building 3 with a view of the pool. The pool on that side was the cutest and great if you have kids. The shops and the food were great and the museum is fun if you're into browsing and sight seeing. The lobby was magnificent! If you're in town for a couple of days try to get one of their package deals. When I added it up, I think the prices weren't so much cheaper as they were the same if we purchased tickets individually, but it did make everything more convenient! The trolley is right next door which is also convenient to travelling around town.

Room Tip: Beds are comfortable. Building 3 with a view of pool is great!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChooChoo29, Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
First of all, thanks for the 5 stars. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Choo Choo. Come back and stay in one of the railcar rooms real soon.
Regards,