Chattanooga Choo Choo
Country Inn
US$132
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$139
US$224
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
Best Western Royal Inn(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$65
2,768 results
All reviewstrain carstation house restaurantgardens restaurantsinging waiterspizza carindoor poolregular roomfree shuttleelectric shuttleruby fallscarsrailcarpullmanvictorianrailroaddowntownconvention
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Excellent service, great location, Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel was a great host. Highly recommend when you stay in the area , reasonably prices and a great select of rooms. The restaurants in the hotel and the immediate area are great. Park your car and ride the excellent city bus service. The driver have great ideas on site and restaurants.

Room Tip: Select building #2..located in the middle of the complex and quiet at night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Excellent is hard to beat! I am pleased that you had a great experience. We were thrilled to host your convention of about 200+ rooms. Seeing all those antique cars in the parking lot was awesome.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I booked the room because of the package with the aquarium tickets and I have three boys that love trains. It's a neat theme but that's where the positives end. We were told we could get early check in, when we showed up we were told there was another room available for early check in in a different building and not the pool view I paid for. It was a cheaper room and I was told I would not get the difference back. But with a cranky 1 year old I agreed. Got to the room and it reeked of sewage. I sat a bag on a table and slid it back against the wall, a large mirror being held up by two small screws fell off the wall. My husband immediately asked to have our original room back in which case they told us we would have to wait three more hours because all the rooms (in three buildings) were booked. So we waited. That room was also very outdated and dirty but the pool was nice. Upon trying to close the sliding door, the metal handle snapped off and I injured my arm on the door frame. When I asked to file an injury report they acted offended. The elevators were broken. The arcade took around $5 because out of 15 games only 4 worked. The shops close at random so we couldn't plan much. It was the worst hotel stay ever and it ruined my vacation with my family. Just thankful we only stayed one night.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Hollingsworth13

I’m sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay at the Chattanooga Choo Choo. I got your phone from our PMS. I have tried to call you but have been unsuccessful. I have shared your review with our management team for corrective action; we checked the rooms you were in and made sure they were in good condition. I would like to speak with you regarding your comments.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel appears beautiful in the lobby and the amenities are great. But the rooms are horrible!If management only changed the dirty carpets, wall paper and redone the bathrooms it would be great.
I went this weekend and the elevators were not working in building 3 and the room was dated. It was walk stairs or take the dirty service elevator.
Please renovate!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sunshine49022

I am sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations. I have been here for 13 years, and we have renovated every guest room (363) at this hotel. We are about to embark on another renovation this year. I will reach out to you via tripadvisor. Please call or email me.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Check in on 07/12/2014 lobby and grounds around trains were nice..We stayed in Hotel#2 room 366. Walk in entrance stench of mildew hit you when open door. Got in elevator does not tell you which direction. Scented fragrance to try to mask the odor. Room ceiling had cracks long entire ceiling. Mildew and water stains on ceiling. Siting on bed a low and behold water dripping on table. After careful thought check out and requested full refund.

The lobby area might be historic...The hotel need to be condemn immediately. ...

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Rhonda B

I am sorry about the situation that occurred. After checking the PMS that room was Out of Order and a glitch in the system made it available to rent. I am so sorry that this happened. I will reach out to you via tripadvisor. Please call or email me.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was the third time we visited this year. Each time gets a bit better. This stay was so much fun! We love the little shops and everyone always seems to treat us like family. The room was in building 3 and wasn't super nice but it was clean and bed was comfy! The pool outside building 3 was freezing cold even at 95 degrees outside but we choose hotel 1 and the indoor pool was nice and warm. We ate breakfast in the Gardens Rest. and was served by John. I must give him a huge shout out on a awesome job of serving us! He was friendly and smiled the whole time!! Keep up the good work Choo Choo!!

Room Tip: Building 3 is the best! more room in the rooms for larger families and the sofas pull out to make a bed!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

First of all, thanks for your repeat business. Thank you for your great review and I’m pleased that we met you expectations. We love to hear such comments and I will make sure they are shared with the department heads. We take great pride in our property. Thanks for wanting to return, that says it all!