“Good value on package deal”

Chattanooga Choo Choo
Ranked #37 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family purchased a package deal from Chattanooga choo choo that included a stay in a railway car and tickets to Rock City, Ruby Falls, and the incline railway. The package was a good value.
My kids really enjoyed staying in a railway car and it was quite comfortable. If possible get a car that's on the inside surrounding the gardens for a better view.
The lobby and gardens are quite beautiful and the staff that we talked to were all very friendly and helpful.
Take a little time to walk through the shops and talk to the shopkeepers- everyone was very friendly and interesting.
The Chattanooga sites were fun- we particularly enjoyed Ruby Falls and Rock City.
Try to make time to go downtown too. We didn't have time for the aquarium but had a fun dinner at Mellow Mushroom then climbing at a really cool rock climbing gym a couple of doors fond with a 3 story outdoor climbing wall.

• Stayed: July 2014
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Good value IS WHAT WE LOVE TO HEAR. Thank you for recognizing our staff, we are very proud of them. Your review helps us maintain a great CSI on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We hope that you will visit us again.

There are newer reviews for Chattanooga Choo Choo

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here as a young child and wanted to make memories with my family. It was an average experience. Our kids liked the carriage ride that you could take that left from the hotel. I loved the atmosphere, and comfy bed, but that's where the positives end. The room rate for a railcar was a bit high. I called to ask for a later check out time and was told no. My brother and his family where staying there as well, and were told that they could have a later check out time and to take their time!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cooperclan5
ChooChoo29, Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Average is not good enough for us. Thank you for recognizing the atmosphere of our complex. I will forward your comments about late check to the respective Department Head. It was probably because of a room type for an incoming guest, sorry about that
Regards,
Jill Coker
Quality Assurance

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We spent 2 days at the Chattanooga Choo Choo hotel. Yes the rooms all need updated but the plan is to revamp all of the Choo Choo on Jan.1st 2015. Most of the small shops are closing and will not reopen. I talked to several, very sad. I might stay there again but after all construction ends. The restaurants will be the 1st to go. After Jan.1 it will never be the same. Even the gardens need extra care. They are doing the least they can until construction.

Room Tip: All rooms need updating.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jjones2920
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed here with my daughter for 3 nights and was not impressed with the room or our view. We stayed in building 1. The beautiful lobby does not translate into what you experience in the room. The hall had an odor that I don't know how to describe. The bath tub was dirty with stains that could be cleaned with the right products. They must not inspect the rooms after the cleaning staff are through. Obvious unrepaired water damage on the ceiling over the tub. Thin walls; had to buy a fan to sleep. Quality of the doors looked like a dorm room. The flower bed outside of our room in the courtyard was overwhelmed with pine needles. It had half- sized plants and no flowers in July? No light bulb in the pole lamp standing in the dark corner by the table and chairs. Ants crawling up and down by the sliding glass door. Loose electrical outlets. Thin blankets, mattress not impressive. Disappointed!!!!

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Cynthia C

Thanks for taking my call today. I am pleased that you will return in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

If I could rate this hotel with less than a star I would. We come to Chattanooga TN every month and this was our first and LAST stay at the Choo Choo. Woke up to bugs in our bed, red rash all over both my husband and I. After a late arrival we never Checked the shower and when I went to get in this am was horrified to find a tub black with grime a mold covered shower curtain and previously used towels still in the tub. Costumer service was awful and entire hotel smells of mold. Health department would have a field day here! The bar carpet is gross and dirty! This place should be shut down and cleaned. NASTY!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Suzyp38
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thanks for speaking with me about your visit. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. We had the room professionally inspected and there were no bed bugs.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and found the gardens to be beautiful and grounds well kept. The rooms are slightly dated, but clean and adequate. It's location makes it very convenient to the local attractions. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Stayed: August 2014

Thanks for sharing your story with us and you 4 STAR review. We love to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed our Formal Gardens . Your recommendation means a lot to us.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Great affordable historical property to enjoy while in Chattanooga. I have stayed twice and will not stay at any other place. The amazing lobby sets the tone. I stayed in building 3 and loved the sound of the waterfall connected with the pool. And having "Pamela" as our housekeeper made us feel right at home. She respected our items all over the room as we had been shopping. Very friendly and an outstanding housekeeper. Susan served us in the gardens dining room. Very friendly too and accommodating as we were dining very close to the end of their serving hours. Amazing hotel experience. Oh...and love the carts that take you back and forth from the rooms to the main lobby/office/restaurant areas. Now that is a touch of class folks!

Room Tip: I cannot image all not being great. I personally enjoyed building # 3.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for your repeat business. Thank you for your kind comments about your visit here at the Choo Choo. We hear many similar comments from other guests. I will pass on the nice comments about the staff at our next meeting.
Your 5 Stars means a lot to us.