US$129
US$207
US$186
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
Best Western Royal Inn(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$89
US$149
Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$150
US$175
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$89
  • Pool
US$210
Hampton.com
1,013 results
All reviewsconvention centerthe concierge loungefront deskfree shuttlehotel restaurantvalet parkingoutdoor poolelectric shuttlestaff was friendlylookout mountaindowntownconferenceaquariumstarbucksbellmanattractionslinens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014

For the second year, we chose the Marriott Downtown in Chattanooga for our convention. This year, I avoided the hotel’s restaurant, having found it to be ‘way off. The hotel, however, is clean, the rooms well maintained and the service very good. Zac Jackson and Matt at the front desk (Matt was front desk manager, I think) were very helpful. I had booked three rooms with my credit card, but Matt had no problem dividing the charges between the three of us. The one minor flaw was the HVAC. On Friday, it was chilly in the Convention Center. On Saturday, it was cold enough to hang meat in the assembly halls. On Sunday, it was incredibly muggy and uncomfortable, even in the hotel’s rooms. With changing weather outside, this may be understandable. Overall, a very good experience. I would certainly return.

Room Tip: End of the hall, away from the elevator and ice machine
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TomU2, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hello Rosson45

It was great to have your group with us again this year! Thank you for your business and for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotel and I'll make sure that we recognize Zac and Matt for their service efforts. I apologize for the HVAC issues that you mention, and I will follow up on those. Thanks again for your business and for taking the time to share your review with future travelers.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a wonderful lunch at the Marriott. After attending the Southeastern Synod ELCA Assembly closing worship service, we took the elevator up to the Marriott Dining Room. There were 6 of us....all close friends who hadn't been together for a while. Doniece was very attentive and friendly....made us feel right at home. She was also ready to go out of her way to make our experience a pleasant one. Her recommendation of the crab cake sandwich was right on the mark.....it was excellent! Great food, great service.....will definitely come back here! Thanks for making our time together special!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Shopr62

We enjoyed having your group with us this past weekend again! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Donniece is a definitely one of our "stars" and I'll make sure that we recognize her efforts. Thanks for your business and for your review.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I want to say that the staff was excellent in attempting to resolve noise issues we had. The pillows were very difficult to sleep on and the beds were just ok. I was disappointed in the pool areas. They are older and small. The outdoor pool was open, but the water was too cold to swim. The indoor pool was tiny and so crowded it was uncomfortable. I would prefer to stay at a hotel that was closer to the Riverfront.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
TomU2, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi Velvetnit

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that the pool experience fell short of your expectations. I will share your comments with our staff today. We do appreciate your business and your comments and will follow up on your comments immediately.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This Marriott just seemed a little worn out and tired. It's clean, good location, friendly employees, but a few things to make it better...
update the decor as it felt used,
bar needs to have better wine and beer selection (my sauvignon blanc for $9 tasted like it came out of $2 bottle),
towels at the pool were only replaced once a day in the late afternoon leaving lots of people without clean towels,
AC unit next to pool kind of kills the relaxation (some sort of water feature would be nice to drown out the sound), and
elevators are super slow even when you are on them, the doors are so slow to open and close.

Otherwise for the location and the bike share outside the hotel, this is a clean place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Kimberly C

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments specific to the hotel cleanliness, staff, etc. Thank your for your other constructive feedback as well. I will follow up on those comments right away. Thanks again for your business and for your response.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Even though I live nearby, I stayed at this hotel for a convention. I stayed on the Connoisseur floor so the rooms were very nice and roomy. You can't really see the river but it was a nice view of the city. Great location! That's the best part. An electric shuttle picks you up right at a side door to take you all over the downtown area for free so you don't have to move your car. It will even take you across the river to the trendy shops on the North Shore. I'm glad I had a chance to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SUSAN T

Hi Susan T

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit with us during your conference. Even though you live in the area, we hope that you'll keep us in mind for any future quick getaways.

Thanks again