“Brochure Pic Not What You Get!”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites/Lookout Mountain West
Ranked #82 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Ludowici Georgia
“Brochure Pic Not What You Get!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We picked up one of the brochures at the rest stop and decided to stay here because it was within a few miles of both Ruby Falls and Rock City. I saw no pool, the view of the mountains were blocked on one side by a run down Mexican restaurant and the gas station across from the entrance, there was a lot in the back adjoining the property with semi tractors and trailers, there were stains in the carpet, the blankets threadbare, and they only had one small coffee pot in the office. Only sleep here if you are desperate to be close to the attractions. It is truly a shame that the beautiful view of the mountains is marred by the gas station, old restaurant, etc. At one time it must have been great when there was only the hotel there. It seems like the same family owns the hotel and both gas stations. The clerk was asleep in a room off to the desk and came out when the bell went off as I entered. The TV was old and boxy and the receptions was as if it were on rabbit ears. We ate before we got there because that old mexican restaurant was closed. We got there around 5:00 p.m. At least my dad and I got a warm shower and it was pretty quiet that Thursday, May first 2014.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side were much quieter
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MariefromGeorgia
abvchattanooga, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites/Lookout Mountain West, responded to this review, 28 May 2015
Dear MariefromGeorgia,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am sorry that the rack brochures were not representative of our location. We have recently renovated and waiting on the work to be completed before having updated ones created. I will be sure to address the housekeeping and other issues with our staff.

R-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites, Chattanooga Lookout MT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
STUART
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Price more than advertised on Billboard. Bathrooms are small, tv is old and just not very pleasant overall. Room dingy, not even an alarm clock. No coffee maker, and even though it has a fridge and microwave, a coffee maker would be better. I will avoid this hotel on my next trip.

Room Tip: Skip it and find another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
abvchattanooga, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites/Lookout Mountain West, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear StephanieM,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than enjoyable. Please know that we are beginning to renovate our rooms this year, including new showers, tubs, bathroom floors. We are also considering adding coffee makers to our rooms as well. I appreciate your suggestions. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall guest experience. We hope that you give us another opportunity in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Chattanooga Lookout MT, TN
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We just want a place to crash on our way down to Florida for the winter, so we don't need a lot of amenities, but we do like to have a clean safe room. Not only had the bathroom door been repaired from someone kicking it in, but the entrance door had also been repaired from the same type of damage and that didn't instill a very warm, safe feeling for us. There wasn't any Kleenex, which I know sounds like a small thing until you want to blow your nose. The hair dryer only worked for about 20 seconds, then just shut off. Even after resetting the wall outlet AND the trip on the hair dryer itself, and also just waiting for awhile, I couldn't get it to come back on. We got a reduced rate for being 65, but still paid just under $70, so there are way more economical options in Chattanooga than this place. The room did have wi-fi, for what it's worth.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear LQCQ,

On behalf of the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites, I would like to personally thank you for your feedback. We listen to our customers and try to make any necessary changes in order to provide a quality product and services. Please know that we are beginning renovations this year, including updating our bathrooms. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Chattanooga/Lookout Mt
cheltenham-uk
Reviewed 9 September 2012

we had a two bedded room, which, to be fair, for the price wasn't that bad, there was only coffee and a pastry for breakfast when everywhere else we stayed gave us a good breakfast, there was a very good diner, which a lot of locals used across the way, next to a supermarket. it was right off the i 24.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank johndelta50
Dear johndelta50,

Thank you for sharing a traveler opinion with us. We appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, due to space restrictions, our breakfast is limited to light complimentary snacks. We are hoping to renovate our lobby in the near future in order to increase our counter space.

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites/Chattanooga Lookout MT
Saint Joseph, IL
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The woman at the front desk was terrible. Rude and nasty about everything for no reason by me. I missed clicking that I had a child so she charged me another $5. I didn't mind the $5, she was just rude about it. Then she wouldn't give me 2 keys stating that I didn't pay a deposit because I got the room for less than the $99 she was accustomed to. . . Huh?? I got to the room and the internet wireless didn't work and I had to call her about it, she hung up on me. I went down to the office and she told me it worked fine for her and couldn't help me. My computer said the router was new and I needed a number off it. Finally, it was a bad location. There was no breakfast offered and none available at the location (exit).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jackie M
Illinois
Reviewed 20 January 2012

That was my second encounter with the Americas Best Value chain. I should have learned the lesson first time, but it was late, dark, and I needed to rest after a long drive from Florida.

I and my wife checked into a room with 2 full beds.

Beds themselves were comfortable and clean, but during the night we discovered that the toilet won't flush, beacuse the toilet tank was dry. That was an interesting experience.

Several light switches were not working, so I had to unscrew the bulb to make the room dark.

Shower faucet won't shut completely, so water kept dripping, but I simply closed batrroom door and I did not hear the dripping anymore.

There was one small piece of cheap soap in the bathroom, and one microscopic soap next to the sink in the room. Since the room could legally accomodate 4 people I was wondering how would they share this stamp-size soap bar.

There were cracks in the shower cabin, in the walls etc.

To be fair, when I complained next morning, they offered to return my money. Since we slept quite well, we agreed on 50% refund. The coffee was free.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Ramila P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites/Lookout Mountain West, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear leave_no_trace,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We have taken corrective action to ensure that this will not happen again in the future. Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn.

Ramila-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Chattanooga Lookout Mountain, TN
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2004

Well I don't have enough room to tell you about this hotel. The rooms are slightly small definitley needs roomcleanig. Their deluxe breakfast is frozen doughnuts and cold coffee. Stay Away About five miles down the road

4 Thank cookbritish