The Read House
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$139
HIExpress.com
US$132
US$129
US$145
US$175
Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$150
The Chattanoogan(Chattanooga)
US$139
  • Pool
US$210
  • Breakfast included
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
Best Western Royal Inn(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$66
US$232
US$225
Hotels.com
  • Pool
1,623 results
All reviewshistoric hotelvalet parkingporter's steakhousevalet servicejunior suitehistoric feelbeautiful lobbydowntown chattanoogaper daybroad streetsitting areafree shuttlefitness centeran older hotelindoor poolchoo choostarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I've stayed all over the states and by far this is one of my favorite places to stay. Sheraton Read House Hotel has a great staff. The history behind Read House is very interesting. I recommend the valet staff highly. The meeting rooms are large and easily seat a large group. The dining room is outstanding.

Room Tip: Stay in the original part on the 3rd floor and you might see a ghost !
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Jenea P, General Manager at The Read House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

All of us at the Sheraton Read House love to hear about our guest's experiences. Thank you for sharing! We love our hotel and the story that she has to tell, and really enjoy it when our guest's share in that love. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay with us, and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Chattanooga!

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I have stayed at this hotel on a regular basis. It is the hallway pt between St. Louis and Noth Carolina. We usually meet my in laws here when they come to get our kids for the summer. We always get treated with the utmost respect, never had a reservation messed up. Clearly the hotel is old however the staff makes up the difference. The only thing I would ask for is free wifi should be included with the cost. Oh by the way did I mention my brother in law is a director of finance with Starwood hotels & resorts. So we stay at thier property's as much as possible. We will be at the hotel 12/20 so if casper the friendly ghost is there I would like to meet him.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

The Sheraton Read House is a great place to stay, and we are so glad that you agree! Thank you for making us a stop along the way - we always love to have repeat guests. We would like everyone to be part of the family! I'm sure we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

My Family and I stayed at the Read House during the Thanksgiving Holiday and we had a wonderful experience. A special thanks to Ann Marie Reasor at the front desk, who went above and beyond to ensure that we received all that we needed for the room traveling with two small children. She also gave excellent recommendations for dining and nearby attractions. The room was comfortable and clean, and the children had a blast with the heated indoor pool. I recommend the Read House for anyone visiting the Chattanooga area, the location and amenities are top rated in our book.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

The Sheraton Read House is a great place for families! Since we are ideally located in Downtown Chattanooga, we are just steps away from so many wonderful places - restaurants and attractions! You can experience some of the best of Chattanooga without having to drive anywhere. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your children had a wonderful time. Please come and see us again soon!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I want to recommend the valet staff at The Sheraton Read House. The guys there have consistently gone above and beyond the call of duty for me on multiple occasions. Taylor Davis and Jay Holder took my car to a local car wash after I had driven into town on short notice for a funeral, personally assuring that my car was shined to their high standards. On a more recent trip, Joseph Gagliardi not only helped my mother to her room with her complicated oxygen equipment, he even re-arranged furniture and helped her get everything plugged in and working properly.
These guys have an amazing "can-do" attitude and are just tops. -Mark Edwards

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Here at the Sheraton Read House, we love to take care of our guests. As we see it, you are a part of our family. We know that you could stay many other places and that you choose to stay with us. Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We love our Valet too - our guys are great! I hope that you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The Read House Sheraton is a storied hotel with a haunted past. Some guests claim they see ghosts lurking the halls (and room 311 more specifically). If I was a ghost I sure as heck would not want to hang out in the dingy halls of this hotel.

The simple fact is that the Read House desperately needs to be renovated. There is no way a brand representative from Sheraton could look me in the eye and say this property meets their standards. Starting with the dilapidated elevators, wallpaper peeling off walls and then into the drab rooms with soiled carpets, worn furniture and grimy bathrooms my low opinion of the hotel was confirmed as a fought with the bedding…..the “fitted” sheet was so old and worn it lost all its fit and kept coming loose in the night. At 3am I resolved myself to the fact that I had to sleep on the bare mattress.

I will not stay at the Read House until they remodel.

That’s a shame because it is a grand, historic hotel with a lovely lobby (clearly spent all their money on the first floor) and very courteous staff. The bartenders are outstanding! The location is ideal - - I want to like this place but it is poorly maintained…. Not a story I will repeat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pete312
Jenea P, General Manager at The Read House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

The Sheraton Read House does a have wonderful story to tell, and we are very proud to be a part of her history. I am happy to tell you that we are due for a soft renovation soon, to bring our beautiful hotel back to her splendor. I hope that you will stay tuned for our updates and stay with us again.