“Don't waste your time or money!”

Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport
Ranked #57 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked this "Deluxe Double room with two Double Beds" and it was anything BUT deluxe. The description said there would be a hair dryer, microwave, desk, etc.....

There was no microwave, no desk, no hair dryer....there was a TV....but it was really old and had lines through the picture...barely watchable.

When we arrived we were given our key and told where to go, when I got to the door, it was open. I walked in to unmade beds,there were sheets, but not blankets or bedspreads...I picked up the phone to dial the front desk, but then decided I had better look around to make sure there was nothing else we needed....our door was still open because we hadn't unloaded the car and a young man walked in with blankets and bedspreads and looked surprised to see us...he said "Is this your room?" He left the bedding on the end of the bed at our instruction, we just made our own bed.

The room was hot so I turned the air conditioner on, and found that the knob that adjusts the coolness was broken and there was no way to turn it, so we either had to have the air on...or off... So off and on through the evening and night, I had to get up and turn the air on or off.....

The pillows were SAD....my daughter said she was pretty sure they just wadded up the towels that were too stained to use and stuffed them in a pillow case and called it a pillow.

The floors were parquet...and nice but looked as if they hadn't been swept.

We were placed on the "back" side of the building along with what appeared to be construction crews, who were on the upper floor. Several of them spent plenty of time on the balcony leaning over it and watchingus as we were loading and unloading the car.... made me uncomfortable. I left something in the car and opted not to go back out to get it because of this. (This may not be pertinent to the review of the hotel) However, as a widow with two kids I would have thought that they would have put us in a more friendly environment.

We only needed a place to sleep for the night....and it served its purpose..

But this was NOT a deluxe room by any means.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
RedroofChatt, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hello,

Thank you for writing this review about our hotel and the staff. I am truly sorry your stay did not meet your needs. I assure you that every issue and concern you had our hotel will be addressed with my management and the staff. One again I am truly sorry for your experience. If you could kindly email me at i0162@redroof.com I can send you something for your bad experience. Once again thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Owner

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I had stayed at this property a number of years ago, and expected good things. The room was acceptable, physically. However, it was a standard room and had no work surface. I improvised by putting the coffee table on the seats of the two chairs and sat on the bed. The worse part of the stay was that the room smelled of stale urine. The hotel accepts pets, and that might be the reason; I couldn't tell whether it were human or pet.

The good news is that it accepted a Travelcoupons.com coupon for a $10 reduction in price. However, there are about a half dozen hotels in the area that take on-line hotel coupons, and I will try one of them on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank erie906
RedroofChatt, Owner at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hello,

Thank you for writing this review about our hotel. Reviews like your help improve the quality and service at our hotel. We are truly sorry you were not happy with your stay. I assure you that we are taking corrective measures to your concerns and issues. I will personally address them with the staff.

Owner

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We booked at this hotel because of the reviews. Do not believe them. Other then the courtesy and friendliness of the staff the hotel and room was terrible. We spent $10.00 extra for a renovated room, that was a waster. When I called and made the reservation I asked how big the room was and they said large. The room and bathroom was so small it was ridiculous. We had ants in the room and there was diabetic test strips on the airconditioner. The toilet did not flush properly. Also the continental breakfast was very poor. For a few dollars more I could have stayed at a much nicer hotel down the street.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review about our hotels. I am sorry we did not meet your needs. I would love to hear more about them if you could email me at i0162@redroof.com I truly apologize for your experience at our hotel.

Thank

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I am happy with my experience with the Red Roof Inn. We got in late at night, but Kristen from front desk was kind enough to call and make sure we made it to our room. The room was spacious and the beds were very comfortable. I will definitely be back the next time I'm in Chattanooga.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
RedroofChatt, Owner at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about Kristen and our rooms. I will share your review in our monthly meetings. I hope you will continue to use us next time you are in Chattanooga.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed three nights in April 2014 and i have to say i was very pleasantly surprized. The room was very clean and well taken care of. We had a courtesy call a little after we checked in to make sure every thing was ok. Which it was. Also it was quiet at night which for us was very important! we didnt hear people walking up n down the walk ways or doors slamming all night. we really really enjoyed our stay if/ when we have to stay in Chattanooga we will be staying there. Also they were very reasonable on their prices!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Missy H
RedroofChatt, Owner at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our staff and how clean our hotel is. We appericate your positive comments and our staff really enjoys them. We try to please each and every guest that comes to our hotel. If there is anything we can do in the future to make your stay enjoyable again please feel free to call or email us.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed two nights in spring of '14. The rooms were clean, breakfast was alright and staff was friendly. We had relatives staying in a hotel for twice the price, and our room was just as clean and nicely decorated, and a bit larger than theirs, actually. I would stay again if I was in the area. We paid the extra five dollars to have a renovated room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
RedroofChatt, Owner at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to see you found great value in our price. I hope you will continue to stay with Red Roof next time you are in Chattanooga.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Kristen was amazing, we are traveling from Ohio with 3 dogs and they have no fees or limits on pets. Kristen who checked us in was super nice she called the room to inquire on our experience, and even brought us menu up to our room for Texas Roadhouse and gave us a 10 percent off coupon. Safe area, clean and very nice. Thanks again for a great stay. Kristen needs a promotion ASAP!

• Stayed: April 2014

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about our hotel and the staff. We are very lucky and proud to have Kristen on our team. I hope you continue to stay with us next time you are in Chattanooga.