“Excellent deli selections!”

Mountain Bulk Foods
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Chuckey
Cuisines: American
Description: It's next door to the Farmer's Daughter Restaurant. It has a deli that makes the best sandwiches. I have photos. We sit outside on their veranda and eat the sandwiches. It's listed on Google.
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Huge deli and cheese selection is our favorite, but we also love their baked goods like country sourdough bread, pumpkin bread, etc. Also lots of finds that aren't available anywhere else like homemade butter, etc.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

great variety of specialty foods. lunchmeat and cheese from there stay fresh much longer than the grocery store deli meat.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

For $3.99: You make your choice from an awesome selection of meats and cheeses - this is an Amish style deli has a gourmet range of both. You select from home baked breads, again a wide selection. This place makes Subway looks like an amateur in the sandwich business. I love the way they do the lettuce, finely chopped (in front of you). I had smoky horseradish sauce on my sandwich, with roasted garlic cheese, on country sourdough with olive loaf, and everything on it (peppers, tomatoes, etc). The drink is extra, though inexpensive, wide range of interesting choices (I had a cream soda). And then sit on the veranda and watch the world go by. On Saturdays in the parking lot a guy comes and makes fresh donuts in front of you, with powdered sugar, and they are worth a long drive, too. Mountain Bulk Foods is next door to Farmer's Daughter restaurant, another excellent eatery. The staff at Mountain Bulk Foods are in Amish dress (though I don't believe they're all Amish) and they are very friendly. We usually load up on the foods from the superb grocery after we eat lunch, so we're enjoying gourmet cheeses and meats, etc., long after we visit.