“Above average, but not great” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Rusk, Texas
“Above average, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

My wife and I made Luigis our go to for pizza for a couple of years until they raised their carry out prices. I told the manager he had seen the last of me and I have not been back. With the low prices of the chains like pizza hit we have adapted. The pizza here is not bad. They make larger sized pies for parties as well as normal sized pies. Flavor is as good as anywhere around here.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Clarksville, Tennessee
“Aweful Pizza!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

I do not blame Luigis for their bad pizza as much as I blame the evolution of pizza cooking and restaurant supplies. First, they use one of those conveyor belt ovens that are designed to cook bread. Pizza CANNOT be cooked well in one of those, PERIOD! Secondly, Pizza shops now cater to a client base who have grown up on Pizza Hut and school cafeteria pizza, and who have no idea of what quality pizza should taste like. Take it from me, an Italian/American from New York whose first job was in a pizzeria, this is low quality pizza.

Being an Air Force trained manager, I would not state such observations without offering this business some suggestions to correct the findings.

First: buy a traditional pizza over. SInce quantity and profit is the main reason EVERY pizza shop in Clarksville uses the conveyor belt ovens, charge more for the traditional oven pizza and name it “Traditional New York Style Pizza.” Persons like myself will pay more for quality. As it stands, we will never return to this establishment unless they change their oven.

Second: Buy better quality cheese and make your crust from scratch. The crust is not tasty!

Third: Put more oregano and basil in your sauce, or put them in a shaker and sprinkle it on the sauce before placing the cheese.

If you at Luigis do this, you will corner the market in Clarksville for quality pizza.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Brandi N Glenn C
Clarksville, Tennessee
“awesome pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

awesome pizza, great deals, friendly staff! get the giant texas size pizza!!!

Visited May 2012
Nashville
“Like home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

Luigi's is the closest we've found to upstate NY pizza. Very good! And if you like big, doughy calzones, they are wonderful here!

Visited April 2012
Houston, Texas
“Surprisingly Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I was at a Friends house that was having a little get together. Everyone was drinking so much so someone suggested we order pizza. We were all saying where to order from; of course we all threw out the major chains, but this place was the cheepest. I don't know which pizza they ordered but it was haaaauuuuge and not to mention good a heck. I even said for my next get together I was going to order from them. I can't find anything wrong with them. Ballin on a budget Try Luigi's Pizza.

• Visited November 2011