“Riverview recommendation”

Riverview Inn
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
“Riverview recommendation”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Con: Smoking area needs to be moved from the main entrance doorway. Guest are exposed to cigarette smoke when entering the hotel.

Pro: Hotel stay was nice and quite. Staff did an outstanding job and were very friendly. The room was clean and everything was functional and safe. The river view was exceptional from the room were staying in.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I understand life just sometimes happens to where things are not going to be as expected, but this place REALLY needs work. I will list things, because the whole 3 day series of unfortunate events recap would be too long to write out. 1. Entrance to hotel to unload/register/load is for ONE vehicle only at a time. It's the only way in or out. NO BELLMAN OR OTHER HELP AVAILABLE TO ANYONE TO UNLOAD. 2. They said they never received my paid reservation. 3. They did have another available room, but...what if they didn't? The booking agency says that the hotel definitely received the payment. Even with our proof, the clerk said "I'm sorry." Still waiting to see if we were charged twice. 4. No one told me that there was a special code for my floor. Mind you, I had JUST unloaded my vehicle (for a wedding) by myself, loaded the luggage cart, struggled it into the hallway to the elevator, only to wait and wonder...A very nice housekeeper helped me with the code to the room with a few other tips that the clerk didn't tell me. 5. (Or whole partie's complaint for 3 other rooms)....Shower head is stuck spraying directly at the rear wall, you must stand strangely to get any kind of shower. The hot water fluctuates and will burn you randomly. Again the clerk said "I'm Sorry" (we learned this is their standard response). 6.The bar closes early. Enough said. 7.The "River View" is not good. Do Not picture in your mind a beautiful river view. What you CAN see through the condensation from the air conditioner in between the double pages is a murky, brown color surrounded by pawn shops, etc with a horrid smell at night. 8.The room is nothing like the website shows. When I asked her about it, the clerk said..."I'm sorry. The problem is that they use a fisheye, wide-angled lens for the website." That's not true, and a wide angle could not have changed it THAT much. The room is TINY. 9. The breakfast....empty pans for 40 mins at 8:00. They brought the most disgusting food I've ever tasted (or felt) to fill. We were sick for an hour. And hungry. The next morning, the food was good, except the refrig-to-microwave biscuits. The management here is horrible. 10. THIN WALLS AND A PARTYING CROWD TILL 4am, SCREAMING BABIES STARTED AT 5 am. We heard every flush, heard every shower. Listened to neighbors tv till 11:30. Clerk said "I heard about that...I'm sorry". 11. On Saturday night, the bar was closed at 9pm. 12.The pool is nice. 13.The hallways were humid hot for two days. 14. Bring your own coffee. 15. The staff was nice, but trained to say I'm sorry very sweetly, to the point of madness, and to give discounts for every major error. This is not what we wanted. We wanted a nice relaxing place to stay for a very hectic weekend wedding affair. I would never recommend this place. Well. Not to any friends. I travel A LOT. This was bad.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
East Palestine, Ohio
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have stayed at the Riverview Inn on 3 separate occasions. 1 for pleasure, 1 for business and 1 for mixed. At each occasion the staff was exceptional, the view of the river was great from my room. Rooms are undergoing renovations and the finished ones are very nice. I attended a wedding and reception there and the facilities and staff were very professional and helpful.

Room Tip: Request a newly redecorated room with river view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Washington DC
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Most hotels in Clarksville are in the congested Wilma Rudolph area The Riverview Inn stands alone, away from the congested area and really does have a view of the river ! I've stayed here three times this year and every time the staff has been so friendly and welcoming, and rooms spotlessly clean, and the beds very comfortable. Their indoor swimming pool is a plus; even in January, the pool temperature was warm and pleasant. It is definitely the best place to sat in Clarksville.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stay in Clarksville a few weeks each year on business and always stay at the Riverview Inn. The people are friendly, the hotel is squeaky clean, and the location is perfect. It is an easy walking distance to the downtown restaurants, art gallery (DAC) and theater (Roxy). Also there is an easy walk to the Cumberland river and the walking trails. Also: they have Keurig coffee makers in the room so you can actually get good coffee, and the lobby has a very fancy coffee machine with delicious free coffee. Pretty unusual to get good coffee in a hotel, especially in the south.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors, river view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David B
Pickering, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a couple days. We didn't know what to expect because we were new to the area. The staff was VERY welcoming and helpful! The newly renovated room was clean. We had THE best sleep we've had in ages because the beds were so comfy and the room was relaxing.

Our stay at another large chain hotel in Nashville afterwards was disappointing because our stay at The Riverview Inn, Clarksville was fantastic...the chain hotel didn't compare.

We have and will continue to recommend this hotel to everyone. Can't wait to stay at The Riverview Inn again!!! :)

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank jacqueline j
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I took my daughter and two granddaughters to Clarksville to visit with relatives we had not seen in a while. I booked here based on past experience as far as convenient location near a high school reunion site. This visit was wonderful. We booked the Executive Suite so the girls could have room to spread out. It was spacious enough to accomplish that, clean, and quiet. Beds, even the fold-out sofa bed were comfortable, and the soft sheets were appreciated. All employees were smiling and friendly. The pool was just SPARKLING clean, and we loved that it was salt-water treated. No "chlorine fumes". All enjoyed the hot breakfasts, and I especially enjoyed the omelettes. Plenty of variety of breakfast foods to satisfy picky-eaters. Easy parking, loved the River-walk, and located close to everything. Thanks, Riverview Inn, for helping make our Spring Break getaway a joy.

Room Tip: Executive Suite is well-worth the small additional cost. Nice kitchenette, wonderful river view, tw...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family