“Excellent Service!!!”

Clarion Inn Cleveland TN
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our experience at the Clarion Hotel in Cleveland, TN was wonderful. The clerk, Val, made our stay very nice by welcoming us and making sure we were comfortable and all of our needs were met. She even called us after we got to our room to make sure everything was okay with the room. Val (Valentina, I think) was the reason we would stay at a Clarion Hotel again. In our present times, customer service is typically horrible, but she proved that with some kindness, it can make all the difference. The room was clean and comfortable and the pool was nice. Val even offered to keep the pool open later, but we did not stay that late, as we were tired. Overall, a great experience that I would definetly recommend to a friend!
Angie M.
Loganville, GA

Room Tip: Our room was very clean and the A/C worked well. No complaints. We were on the ground floor in the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Lisa H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Cleveland TN, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our front desk guest service representative, Val, as well as with our entire team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one. Safe travels.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

It's nice to not worry about putting your head down to sleep. Everything was clean, smelled nice, and made me feel happy about staying here. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was very good, eggs, bacon, potatoes, fresh waffles, and a wide variety of cold options. The pool was nice and the grounds were professionally kept with flowers and other plants. Very nice place overall.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We very much appreciate and value your feedback specifically regarding our clean and comfortable rooms, hot breakfast, and well-maintained pool and grounds. I will share your comments with our entire team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The people couldn't have been nicer. They recommended a restaurant, Aubrey's and it was excellent! A truly different menu, great prices and the best Caesar salad I've had in a long time. The half price wine selection was also good.
The breakfast at the hotel the next morning was good compared to most "free breakfast" types.
I would stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to complete our survey and for letting us know about your experience. We very much appreciate your business. It's always nice to hear encouraging feedback especially regarding our friendly staff and hot breakfast.. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My 15 year old son and I were visiting family and thought about staying at a hotel instead of with family. We got a room at the Clarion Inn in Cleveland, TN on a Saturday night. It was a nice enough hotel. The trouble started in the middle of the night. I woke up at 3:30 a.m. My son was already awake. People on the floor above us were arguing with some of their friends in the parking lot in front of our room. I went out of the room. They saw me and knew they were keeping people up. At 4:00 am I went to the front desk (tried calling and no answer). The lady at the desk was very nice but basically said there was nothing she could do. I went back to my room. People were drunk, blowing car horns, arguing, and screeching their cars in and out. One drunk girl kept beating on a door and yelling for Tommy. A little after 5:00 am, I called 911 because it wasn't going to stop and because I thought a fight was starting. The police finally came and arrested someone. It was after 6:00 am before I finally got back to sleep. It was the fact that I lost a night's sleep but also the way that the staff at the hotel handled it. I went to the front desk the next morning to see if we could check out at 12:00 instead of 11:00. I could tell they didn't want to do it. I was able to stop back in on Tuesday. I asked to speak to a manager. The girl at the desk said she was the front desk manager. I explained to her what happened. She said they had a list of people to call and offer refunds to. She told me she'd be right back. I waited for a long time. Finally, a different lady came out and said No, she was the manager. She said I could get a refund. I had paid cash for the room, but she said they couldn't give cash back because it would leave their drawer short. I would have to wait for corporate to send a refund check. I know that hotels can't always control what happens after a room is rented. However, I do they hotel staff should have dealt with the situation and gone a little more out of their way to make it up to people who lost a night's sleep.

1  Thank Surelyn
Lisa H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Cleveland TN, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Clarion Inn.

Allow me to sincerely apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the guest disturbance you encountered on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our front desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. You are absolutely correct - our staff member should have initiated assistance from the police, not you. This situation was a very unusual incident as this is not the norm for our hotel. I will contact you personally to update you on your cash refund. Thank you for letting us know about your experience.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Lisa Hill

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here for one night. It was well worth it. The beds were nice and huge. They were very, very comfortable. Good night sleep enjoyed by all. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best I have ever seen. The staff was great and friendly. This is a great hotel for the price. Great way to start a vacation!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Lisa H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Cleveland TN, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your recent stay. I'm delighted to hear we were able to exceed your expectations. We take pride in providing clean rooms with a courteous and helpful staff Please visit us again and thank you for your review.

Lisa H.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a converted hotel from one of the top chains and is in very good condition and the staff is wonderful. This is rated as a 2.5 Star property; but, it's on the high end of that scale. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 109 is the BEST!! Located between the fitness center and the house staff. Very quite and conv...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your response and for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding our location, our clean rooms, inviting pool, and our friendly staff. Please visit us again and thank you for your review,

Lisa H.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Nice little hotel chain property right off the interstate. Front desk person was extremely friendly and helpful. Bedding was comfortable and room was clean. Breakfast was very good and well stocked. Outdoor pool looked very inviting but it was just too cool to take a dip. I would recommend this property and would stay here again when travelling in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Cleveland TN, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you so much for staying at the Clarion Inn, Cleveland. I'm happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. Our convenient access to I-75 makes our location a great place to stop. It is always appreciative when our guests let us know how helpful the staff has been in addition to your feedback regarding our clean rooms, comfortable beds, enjoyable breakfast, and inviting pool. We look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back through Cleveland. Take care and travel safely.