“Bad place to stay”

Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Cleveland
Fairborn
“Bad place to stay”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

When we arrived at the motel after midnight, worn out from a long trip, the Eastern Indian male desk clerk was argumentative and unprofessional. He first said we had booked the room for 3 nights for 2 people only, when he saw my 2 kids in the car. I told him I had definitely told the lady rep when I called and made the reservation that it was for 4 people, 2 adults and 2 kids. Next, the desk clerk was not willing to honor the Lee Univ. discount that the rep had promised me when I made the reservation. After I explained several times that we were promised the discount and the desk clerk absolutely refused to give it to us, he finally suggested that he could charge us for 1 night instead of 3, then we could come back in the morning and talk to the manager about the discount and pay for the remaining 2 nights then. I agreed. He charged us for 1 night only, and we went to our room. The room was not great. There was a weird dirty smell in the room first of all. Next, when we tried to turn on the vent to circulate the air, it blew out semi-warm air. We weren't able to get cool air to come out. We ended up roasting all night. The next morning, we did NOT get our wake-up call that I had asked for. I started to take a shower and noticed there were NO towels, only 2 hand towels and 2 washcloths. So I went to the front desk and asked the same clerk who argued with me the night before, for 4 bath towels. (I should have also asked for shampoo, soap, and a laundry bag, because none of those things were in our room either, but I hadn't noticed that yet.) The clerk acted like he didn't believe me when I told him there were no bath towels in our room. He kept looking at the computer as if it said there WERE towels in our room. I told him he could come and look for himself if he didn't believe me. Then, after much hesitation, he said I should come back in 10 minutes. I told him I would wait there. When he came back to the lobby with clean towels, he started to hand me only 2 towels. I said we needed 4. He acted like he didn't want to give me 4, but reluctantly did. Next, I was the first one in the shower. When I turned on the faucet in the tub, a dark reddish-rust color water came out of the faucet and began to fill the tub. It took a while before the water ran clear. If one of my kids had been the first one in the shower and seen that yucky water, they probably would have hopped out and refused to take a shower. We all had to use my daughter's shampoo and shower gel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Linda B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Smithfield
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel hoping to find the stay better than other hotels. I was disappointed to see the pool was closed when I got there. The rooms were okay although my one blanket had a hole in it. I see safety hazards where the air conditioners leaked out on the walk ways. This was concern because my friend that was with was on crutches, this made it very slippery for her and I. The staff was friendly and the price of the hotel was good. But it was a bit noisy because of the road where the cars are doing by. Mainly because i could see the light shining in thru the little bit of a gap of the bottom of the door. I do not think I would stay there again. I am on the search for the best deal and good quality hotel for Cleveland Tn. Because I go down there at least twice a year. I know some Days Inns are really nice this was on the lower scale. I believe this would be good hotel for one stay but not a long 7 day week like I stayed. They need more parking I had to one night after long day at my church conference had to park clear on the other side of the building then to walk all the around and to the second floor to my room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Steven S

Travellers are raving about these Cleveland hotels

Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 July 2013

First non-smoking room smelled strongly of smoke so we had our room switched. This room had mold in all of the shower crevices.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family