“Old and shabby”

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Cleveland
Fayetteville
“Old and shabby”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I could barely sleep it was so creepy. We would have left if we hadn't been so tired. Drunk people were yelling in the parking lot until all hours. Nasty carpet and furnishings. Please heed this warning that you don't want to stay here!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mary B
umesh p, General Manager at Motel 6 Cleveland TN, responded to this review, 10 March 2017
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us.

We strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Tarun Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
alabama
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I have stayed at travel inn couple years back and it was ok stay, but the customer service was great... people were very friendly... i decide to stay here again after seeing the new updated room pictures... room looked lot nicer then my previous stay.. it had new ac, bed, carpet, comforter, electronic locks... hotel owner has made lots improvements... i would advise to having a Hot breakfast would put a big plus point... i will recommend this place to others and will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: front down stair or upstair
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ump25
TravelInnClevelandTN, Manager at Motel 6 Cleveland TN, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
We are truly appreciate you for your feedback on your stay.

Thank you.
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is my second stay at Travel Inn in past two years. My first stay was good. It was not bad at all except few things that I had mentioned to the management at check out. I have seen this new management working hard to get this place updated and they did fix the issues that I had mentioned to them during my first stay. They did put new AC, new carpet and new Queen Beds were super comfortable. The price was affordable and people who are looking for inexpensive stay but better service and quality, then I would recommend them to stay at travel inn. The room was large and had a microwave, fridge and free screaming Wi-Fi as well as the usual furnishings. The place is old but it is clean and comfortable. The staff is terrific very friendly. The pool looked nice and my kids loved it. It was bigger than a standard pools that I have seen in other hotels.
The only two things I would like mention is that this place is up on the hill and little tricky to get to it but its easy once you know where it is. It is right of the interstate though. You might experience some noise if people passing your room or car noise beside that everything is great.
This is my opinion and I personally would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jay p
Thank you for staying with us and your feed back. We will make sure that you will receive warm heartfelt welcome & best service every time you stay with us. Thank you.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The Travel Inn is a convenient inexpensive motel. Our room was clean but a little worn. Staff were receptive to requests for information and linens,etc. Breakfast was adequate, but other dining options were located nearby. Did not use the pool but it appeared clean and well maintained.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 49022TravelGirl1977
Guest opinions are valuable for us and we are truly appreciate you for your feedback on your stay. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may had during your stay. Thank You
Chipley, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2013

another great find online,it appears that every hotel shares pics of their rooms from 10yrs ago,my husband and I arrive at the travel inn and the room wasn't to bad, it was big and I liked that especially with my pooch,by morning we noticed while sitting there drinking coffee roaches my husband killed 20 roaches befor he left for work,i informed the office and they came and put poison out..still no help,i asked to be moved and they refused because our rooms were weekly rooms,what a CROCK I thought..well needless to say I moved after one week,after my husband killed a roach crawling on my pillow with me asleep on yeah it was time to leave...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank leah g
umesh p, General Manager at Motel 6 Cleveland TN, responded to this review

Umesh Patel

Travellers are raving about these Cleveland hotels

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

This place was disgusting! There was dog poo on the floor and the walls! We had a church youth group here and even the teens felt unsafe! We ended up loosing the cost of a night stay because we left and went to stay at another hotel! The pictures on the website did not match the rooms we saw! It was aweful... A tent on the roadside would have been better!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Zeigbea
TravelInnClevelandTN, Manager at Motel 6 Cleveland TN, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
We treat all our guest equally. We do apologize for inconvenience that you may had during your stay. we can be agree with other legit complaint that you might have or had but we can not agree about the dog poop on the walls and floors. We clean & inspect our rooms on daily basis. We are pet friendly hotel and we keep our service up to par. We checked all the rooms of your church group after your departure and we didn't see any unusual things in rooms. We are sorry that we couldn't accommodate your request of escorting other people from pool area so you and your group can feel safe using the pool area. We treat all our guest equally. The conversation we had in lobby felt more discrimination than a complaint and we can not stop our guest from using the pool area. Once again We do apologize for inconvenience.
East Berlin, PA
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This place is priced right for the traveler looking for inexpensive. The room was large and had a microwave and fridge as well as the usual furnishings. The beds were super comfortable. The place is older (some tile cracking, etc), but clean. The staff is terrific - very friendly. We did not get to use the pool, but it looked nice. I could see where noise could be an issue if the place were crowded and some guests were rowdy, but that just wasn't an issue during our stay.

We'd have missed the motel if it weren't for the internet - it's a quick turn off the road up a hill. Overall, we're glad we found it, we would stay again, and I would easily recommend it for the budget traveler.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank creekland
TravelInnClevelandTN, Manager at Motel 6 Cleveland TN, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
We kindly appreciated your suggestion and feedback on your stay with us. we will take your feedback in consideration and will correct the issues that you have mentioned. Thank you for staying with us and we will make sure that you will receive warm heartfelt welcome & best service every time you stay with us. Thank you.