“Nice, clean, and affordable”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland, TN
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Cleveland
San Jose CA
“Nice, clean, and affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed here for two nights. We came in very late but the staff was very friendly. The rooms are clean and nice, everything I needed. And for the price I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We made a last minute reservation here as we left Bonnaroo in Manchester, TN. I literally got on my phone and made a reservation at the first hotel I found in a reasonable distance and reasonable price. We had a easy check in when we got there at about 10pm and the hotel was located right off the highway so it was very convenient. When we got inside the room it was very dated. It just looked old fashioned and fairly worn down. The inside of the sink was cracked, but there was nothing too terrible, it just needs a little updating. The front desk was nice enough to give us a few extra mini shampoos and conditioners as the 4 of us were all in desperate need of a shower. The beds, though the sheets looked old, they were very comfortable and we all got a good nights rest. My main problem was that when we checked in the sign on the door for the continental breakfast said that it ended at 10am, or so we thought. When we went to the front desk to check out at 9:30am we were very disappointed to find out that it ended at 9am. I wish the front desk had made us aware of this when we checked in as we definitely would have liked to grab a free breakfast. They also refused to give me a receipt when we checked out, which I though was a little strange. The man working kept on telling me to just go online, but I would have liked something in my hand. Overall this was an ok stay and it served it's purpose. I might consider staying here again if I am in a rush or need quick accommodations, but I would not want to stay here for an extended stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Cleveland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

When I checked in the manager watched me unload my car, lets just say creepy. There is one bar of soap for the shower and for our hands...facial soap not even body soap. There is one outlet for the microwave and the fridge which shocks you when changing plugs. When I went to breakfast they kicked me out even though I was done eating and was just reading a book while sitting at the table. They were rude to me the entire time I was at breakfast constantly asking me what room I was staying in and who I knew.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Cleveland hotels

Athens, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I was in town to visit my daughter at Lee University and stayed for 3 nights. The rooms was clean and the stay was enjoyable. I originally booked for 4 nights but needed to head out earlier. I let the management know in advance and it wasn't a problem. Got good rest, and it was everything I expected.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stopped here on our way to Florida. We picked up a coupon booklet at one of the rest areas. Our room total was $57.32 including tax for a king size bed.

I must admit that we did not have any of the problems that previous reviewers mentioned. All we wanted was to sleep for several hours and get up and get back on the road.

This motel served its purpose. It is not fancy by any means.

T

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Cleveland, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

Stayed here once when my house was being worked on...
We were able to book online, but once we showed up they began to raise a total stink about hosting locals. Apparently they were afraid that we were there to party. I should not that my party included a small child and a grandparent, hardly the profile for a partying group.

After checking out the next morning I discovered my Visa had been charged an extra $100 for supposed smoking in the room. Nobody in the group smokes, and nobody was left alone in the room anyways. They refused to remove the charge and even threatened another $200 charge if we pursued a complaint.

Stay here at your own risk.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank alyasgrey
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

In a nutshell, I booked a non smoking room for three nights over the phone. I confirmed several times that I was being booked in a non-smoking room as they offer both. The gentleman did not speak very good English hence I wanted to make sure he booked me in the right room. I received my email notification 12 hours later. My reservation was booked as smoking. I called to have the mistake corrected. The response I got was we are sorry but there is nothing they can do. I asked for my money back and cancel my reservations. They said they could not refund me my money but could cancel my reservations. The fight was on!!! I got nothing but the run around and lies from the front desk ( two Asian speaking people who I think were the owners). The situation almost became comical. They even admitted it was there mistake. I had to laugh when the lady got upset at me for calling back several times to try and resolve the issue. In the end I called cooperate office twice to assist. I called my credit card company to help with the situation and I called the president of the hotel association for that area. After numerous calls and holding on the phone( 2 hours of my time), remarkably a non smoking room had just come available due to a cancellation. Ok sure! I stayed there, but will never again. Don't take the chance and get rooked. You will have to fight to get what you want if you are wronged.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family