“Chinese buffet lover, this is awful!”

New China Buffet and Grill
Ranked #151 of 198 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: In Wal-Mart plaza
Description: In Wal-Mart plaza
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We have been going to New China buffet since they opened and the quality has drastically decreases as the price increased. My son & I love chinese buffets and have been so disappointed at the decline in the quality of this restaurant. The food sits out for a very long time and get very nasty. If you order water it tastes dirty, very gross. The servers seem very annoyed by my 2 year old, even heard her complain to the manager about us and asked him what tip we left, right in front if us.
I totally disagree that the high price is worth it. You can get much better Chinese at the regular restaurants in Cleveland.

Reviewed 16 January 2011

Like most Chinese buffets, New China has the typical staples like Beef & Broccoli, General Tso's, Fried and steamed rice, and the like. What sets this one apart is their sushi and seafood dishes. Although it seems like moast Asian-style buffets are offering sushi bars nowadays, this one has their prep area out where you can see it, and while I haven't tried to, I suspect they take special requests in adition to what's already prepared. The cooked fish rolls and broiled tilapia always look fresh, and the clam and shrimp bar is kept well iced.

While I've never had the courage to pick my own spices, the hibichi bar is kept well stocked, too.

The price for lunch and a drink usually runs around $10, and dinner is in the $13 range. It's a little steep for the area, but the selection more than makes up for it.