“You get a lot for your money!”

Douglas Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Douglas Inn & Suites is right off of I-75 with all the other hotels nearby. We got this room
through Priceline for $45.00. When we got to the room it had not been cleaned but when I
reported that to the desk they immediately got right on it. The girl at the front desk was
very friendly and accomadating as were the girls who cleaned the room.
there is a very small workout room with a T.V. but my husband said it got very hot in there
maybe because the ice machine was nearby.
Just returned from the breakfast that came with the room and had waffles, juice and coffee.
Very nice hot breakfast! Eggs, biscuts and gravy, fresh fruit! Wow!
Room was very quiet and has a nice sitting area outside the rooms with couch and desk, so
if you get up earlier than your spouse you could have somewhere to go!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marygrace58
There are newer reviews for Douglas Inn & Suites

Reviewed 20 August 2012

This place is OK however, I will probably look around before we stay there again. The entire place has been painted inside and out. The people were friendly. The rooms were OK. The sheets and towels were paper thin. The carpet was dirty and we wore our shoes to keep from sticking to it when we walked. We couldn't decide if it was because they were dirty or damp but, either way, THE BOSS( my wife) isn't too keen on staying there again. That issue, along with the eight guys standing by our room drinking beer at midnight didn't put this place on her top 10 list. Frankly, I didn't think it was a value.

Room Tip: There are several hotels in Cleveland all next to each other. Shop around.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David45377
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My remote control didn't work,despite them replacing it twice & I gave it up after that. My toilet overflowed after simple use,but was fixed quickly. The staff was very nice there and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank cajunito
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed in this inn for a weekend in June, 2012. The size of the room was large enough. The queen size beds were nice size and comfortable however the internet connection was horrible both lower and upper levels. If you need to use internet, best to avoid this hotel. When you book this inn, request upper floor instead of street level unless you have dogs because second floor seems far better than the street level. You have to expect a lot of noises such as people talking, taking showers, getting in and out of the rooms, etc... in the hallway, though. Breakfast was OK but if you don't like the poorly made motel breakfast, there's a Crocker Barrel right next to this inn and you can walk up there.
I think this inn is family owned and the friendliness and the service of this inn is avelege. Nothing special nor too bad. If you find the rate around $50 per night, this is OK inn but if paying more than $70 per night which we did, then you may want to look elsewhere because in Cleveland, TN you can find better deal with better hotels...

Room Tip: definately choose upper level. You'll get feeling of staying the decent inn than cheap motel th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kay A
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This was just an awful place and we would never stay here again. I pulled down the bedspreads to find truly disgusting blankets. They were so threadworn and dirty looking it gave me the creeps. One had several large rips and small holes throughout. These should have been thrown out a long time ago; I can't even image a thrift store accepted these as donations, they were that bad.
In addition, one of the sheets had grease stains right at the top of the bed. I didn't dare look at the rest of the sheet.
The room itself was clean, but ... that could not make up for the bed linens, no way.
We didn't say anything to management; we will never stay there again, period. I'm writing AAA about their "recommended" rating too.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MrsVig
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed at the Douglas Inn because I had my dog with me and was moving my daughter into her dorm room at Lee Universtiy. I found the hotel to be very clean, the beds comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. This is one of the few hotels that accommodate people traveling with pets, it was at the university Exit off I-75 and there was a veterinary hospital right down the street where I could board my dog for day care the day we spent hours moving my daughter in. The price was extremely valuable,and I got a AAA discount to boot! Everything was so convenient, it was a GREAT value...I'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Ladies, if you like things clean - this is NOT the place for you. I read a lot of reviews before we stayed there and thought it to be about the best place in the area from the reviews. All I can say is that I would hate to see the other places in town with bad reviews. The room was not clean at all and there were some objects in the bed that we could not identify. I had to clean the light switches before I would use them and the carpet was patched and very dirty. I would not have touched the hair dryer with a ten foot pole. Glad I brought my own. Their breakfast was so-so I guess, I didn't eat it. They had microwave eggs and gravy and oh that reminds me that I seen their package of breakfast biscuits on the same table that it looked like they used to fold their laundry because it was in the same room as the laundry. I don't know about you but I don't cook and do laundry in the same room. But there were a few good points about the place -- the staff was very nice and helpful and the bed was very comfy. So my advise to you is that if you book a room here check it out VERY good before you agree to pay. For me, I will continue to search for a better place for when we are in the area. Good luck.

Room Tip: You want to stay in the back of the hotel on the Cracker Barrel side away from the street trafic.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family