“One of few pet friendly hotels in area.”

Douglas Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Cleveland
Kernersville, North Carolina
“One of few pet friendly hotels in area.”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

There are only a few hotels in this area that allow small pets. I have a 5lb yorkie mix that stays in a crate. I called every hotel in the area. Only exterior hotels will allow them in this area. This hotel has interior rooms upstairs and exterior rooms downstairs. If you have a pet you have to stay downstairs. The carpet was really dirty, my shoes stuck to in when walking. The bathroom was clean and the sheets were clean though. The room smelled like someone had smoked in it and it was a nonsmoking room. We were in a handicap room; but was not told until check in. The bathroom did not have 1 counter space; just a pedestal sink and a very small very short little table next to it. If you have curlers you will have to set them on the floor or plug them in in the bedroom. The shower head was held together with duck tape. There is no art on the walls, so not very cheery. There were 2 old non matching banged up chairs at an old round table, and 2 queen beds with a nightstand. There was a refrigerator that was not plugged in, but when I plugged it in I understood why; it was very noisy (it rattled). There was a good sized television on top of a short dresser that was in good shape. There are no sheer curtains on the windows under the regular curtains, so if you want to open the curtain during the day to let in light, everyone that walks by can and will look in (the girl at the front desk gave me a bed sheet and suggested standing in a chair to hang it over the rod. I asked front desk if we could move to another room with sheers because when I was walking around the back of the building I noticed different curtains on other rooms that looked to me like sheers, the girl said she would call the manager and let me know. She called my room and told me the manager said there were no sheers in any of the other rooms, all the curtains were the same....ok? The guy staying next to us hung out in front of the room drinking beer in the evenings and you could not go to your car without him being "friendly". The person above us was up all night, every night we were there; not sure what they were doing, but it was very lound and sounded scary. We were awoken several times each night by lound thunks. There was a nice breakfast, but the room felt like it did not have ventalation or air; so it was very warm and stuffy. In summary..Cons: uncomfortable breakfast room, the floor of our room was very dirty (gross sticky dirty), it did not feel safe, it did not feel private, it was very loud and the walls are paper thin. Pros...there is a very nice Craker Barrel right next door. The front desk was polite. The bathroom was clean. The sheets were clean.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel closest to the Cracker Barrel might be quieter away from the roa...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank P W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Returning to Atlanta on i-75 and got off at Cleveland exit. Drove up and down the street where all the motels were near i-75. Douglas Inn looked freshest and "safest". All in all, a nice small motel. Reminds me of a "country inn LITE". Room and bathroom clean and everything worked fine. Breakfast ok - no meat option. Bed very comfortable -- no work area in my room - had a mini fridge and microwave in place. There is a lounge/work are on second level of motel. Very quiet even though right on the main traffic street. Cracker Barrel shares parking lot - so convenient for a dependable meal.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Steve D
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Douglas Inn & Suites is right off of I-75 with all the other hotels nearby. We got this room
through Priceline for $45.00. When we got to the room it had not been cleaned but when I
reported that to the desk they immediately got right on it. The girl at the front desk was
very friendly and accomadating as were the girls who cleaned the room.
there is a very small workout room with a T.V. but my husband said it got very hot in there
maybe because the ice machine was nearby.
Just returned from the breakfast that came with the room and had waffles, juice and coffee.
Very nice hot breakfast! Eggs, biscuts and gravy, fresh fruit! Wow!
Room was very quiet and has a nice sitting area outside the rooms with couch and desk, so
if you get up earlier than your spouse you could have somewhere to go!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marygrace58
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This place is OK however, I will probably look around before we stay there again. The entire place has been painted inside and out. The people were friendly. The rooms were OK. The sheets and towels were paper thin. The carpet was dirty and we wore our shoes to keep from sticking to it when we walked. We couldn't decide if it was because they were dirty or damp but, either way, THE BOSS( my wife) isn't too keen on staying there again. That issue, along with the eight guys standing by our room drinking beer at midnight didn't put this place on her top 10 list. Frankly, I didn't think it was a value.

Room Tip: There are several hotels in Cleveland all next to each other. Shop around.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank David45377
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My remote control didn't work,despite them replacing it twice & I gave it up after that. My toilet overflowed after simple use,but was fixed quickly. The staff was very nice there and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cajunito
Lawrenceville, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed in this inn for a weekend in June, 2012. The size of the room was large enough. The queen size beds were nice size and comfortable however the internet connection was horrible both lower and upper levels. If you need to use internet, best to avoid this hotel. When you book this inn, request upper floor instead of street level unless you have dogs because second floor seems far better than the street level. You have to expect a lot of noises such as people talking, taking showers, getting in and out of the rooms, etc... in the hallway, though. Breakfast was OK but if you don't like the poorly made motel breakfast, there's a Crocker Barrel right next to this inn and you can walk up there.
I think this inn is family owned and the friendliness and the service of this inn is avelege. Nothing special nor too bad. If you find the rate around $50 per night, this is OK inn but if paying more than $70 per night which we did, then you may want to look elsewhere because in Cleveland, TN you can find better deal with better hotels...

Room Tip: definately choose upper level. You'll get feeling of staying the decent inn than cheap motel th...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kay A
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This was just an awful place and we would never stay here again. I pulled down the bedspreads to find truly disgusting blankets. They were so threadworn and dirty looking it gave me the creeps. One had several large rips and small holes throughout. These should have been thrown out a long time ago; I can't even image a thrift store accepted these as donations, they were that bad.
In addition, one of the sheets had grease stains right at the top of the bed. I didn't dare look at the rest of the sheet.
The room itself was clean, but ... that could not make up for the bed linens, no way.
We didn't say anything to management; we will never stay there again, period. I'm writing AAA about their "recommended" rating too.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family