“Very Nice Staff”

Douglas Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Cleveland
“Very Nice Staff”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Staff was awesome! We needed some aspirin and they didn’t have any for sale. Instead of having to go to a store they offered us some aspirin; which I have no doubt come from the staff’s own personal stash. The hotel is clean and right off the interstate. The only reason I didn’t give them 5 stars was that housekeeping clogged up my toilet from personal use. At least they left us a note about it, but it still felt like I was a little violated as that was my room for the weekend. I tend to think that staff has their own bathrooms?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike M
Douglas Inn a, Front Office Manager at Douglas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize for any problems you had with your toilet. Our staff does have their own restroom and however are NOT allowed to use any part of a guests room period. I'm not for sure what happened there and am sorry for you feeling violated. We are happy that you enjoyed all other aspects of your room and your stay with us and hope when you are back in Cleveland we can accommodate you. Again, Thank you for staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was charged extra for something I didn't do. Someone took our towels so the staff decided to charge me the $$ for what someone else has done. I guess they must really need the money as I do NOT need the towels. They were very rude! So, with that being said if they can sleep knowing they took money that shouldn't have been charged, I can spare the change. I hope they feel good about their decision, because they really made a mistake accusing someone and calling a customer a liar! I hope everyone takes this into consideration. If you decide to stay here you may want to drop off your towels at the front desk and have them counted daily to make sure you don't get falsely accused and charged for something you didn't do!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank 7bo
TinessaDixon, Front Office Manager at Douglas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
We are very sorry for any inconvenience that you may have encountered while staying here at Douglas Inn and Suites of Cleveland. We are committed to keeping our costs down so we can keep our affordable rates for our guests but still get the same quality and customer service. We have company policies that we must adhere to which include an inventory count of our linens everyday. When you check in our Hotel and you sign our Customer Agreement on your check -In slip you assume all charges. If the towels etc. are left outside the room for laundry to pick up you are responsible for those things until they are in our hands and counted for. We strive for continued Guest Satisfaction and that is why we are 3 Diamond rated by AAA. We appreciate your business and hope that you would consider in the future staying with us again. Thank you for your comments as they are always helpful to our staff to better serve you.
Hogansville, GA
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

My husband, mother, and I stayed for two nights in a suite and we brought our four and a half to five month old large breed puppy with us. The front desk staff were very helpful and nice. We loved our suite. It was roomy and very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again. We will also recommend it to others too! We just loved it!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank graves0812
Douglas Inn a, Manager at Douglas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your review. All of our guests comments are very important to us. We love to get reviews letting us know how we are doing. We are so glad you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your stay. I personally think we have the cleanest, most friendly hotel around this area. We hope to see you again real soon.
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We arrived expecting to stay 3 nights, but we encountered a situation where the 3rd night had not been put into the computer. A couple of other small situations occurred. The owners and Tinessa Dixon, manager, immediately corrected mistakes. They upgraded our room the 3rd night to a suite, and didn't charge for our dog's stay because of the unexpected situations. They treated us as though they had known us for all our lives. They were so kind, courteous, and professional. The housekeepers were also very cordial to us. If my husband and I ever go back to Cleveland, Tn for a stay, we will definitely try to stay at Douglas Inn. We would recommend this location to all of our friends and family as well.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a convention, the only noise we heard were loud conventioneers, despite the sign fro...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beverly B
Douglas Inn a, Front Office Manager at Douglas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Beverly, we certainly enjoyed you guys as much as you enjoyed us. I am so glad that we could make your stay a great one. I know your husband had a great birthday staying with us. We certainly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you guys again real soon.
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Great hotel for the price (or twice the price for that matter). The staff was friendly and the room was clean. This hotel is perfect for an overnight stay while on the road but I don't see it as the type for a longer stay because it is simple. Even my sister who it's a freak about dirty hotels enjoyed it

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Caleb K
Caleb, we are certainly glad you and your sister enjoyed your stay with us. We do have the most hospitable staff in Cleveland. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and comfort. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you guys again real soon.
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Friendly, easy access, close to Cracker Barrel!
Great service, clean and pet friendly! No hassel, comfortable beds. Close to highway and restaurants.
Second stay with the same experience. No question we will stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Susan A
Hammond, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Our first stay was so nice, we stayed a second time on our return trip home. The price was very reasonable, but using the coupon in the "Free Hotel Coupons" or "Free Travel Coupons" book. (both found at the State Welcome Center) the price was a Steal.
I love how they call your room, after you check in, to ask if everything is okay. The free breakfast isn't the best, but with the Cracker Barrel right next door or McDonalds around the corner, that wasn't a problem. You won't find a more affordable, clean, comfortable, friendly place than this. We found our favorite hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple