“Surprisingly spacious and modern”

Douglas Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Cleveland
“Surprisingly spacious and modern”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel was great for an overnight stay. We were greeted at check-in by a really lovely lady who was friendly and helpful - I think she was the manager of the hotel. We believe the value for money was great. The room is spacious and surprisingly modern with a nice bathroom. We brought cereal up to our room from the busy breakfast room downstairs and sat at the table by the window in our room, which was nice. The only downside was the different lady at check-out wasn't as accommodating when we politely requested a later checkout (only offered a 15 minute allowance) and she wasn't as friendly when passing by the desk. But overall, a good experience and we would come back if passing through the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vhia R
Douglas Inn a, Guest Relations Manager at Douglas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for Choosing to stay with us while you are here with your child at Lee University. We offer a great rate when you call to book your stay for Lee University Parents and Students. We are a Family Oriented Hotel and know how expensive College can be for the Parents. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. The University Rate is offered year round for visiting parents and family. Thank you for taking the time to write a review we value you as a guest. Hope to see you again real soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We make at least one trip a year to Cleveland. Location is great. The staff was always ready to accommodate us. Our AC was making a strange noise and the repairman was there in just a few minutes and had it fixed in less than 10 minutes. Since we travel with a limited mobility elderly person, the ground floor suites are great! There is ample room for our family who lives in Cleveland to visit and even stay overnight. Breakfast is always good and easy to take back to the room. Wonderful mattresses. Will stay there next time we are in Cleveland.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CJHH271
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Cathy, at the desk, welcomed us when we arrived. She called to check on us after we got settled in. We stayed 2 nights in a downstairs exterior access room because we brought a pet. It was a tad smaller than the room we have stayed in upstairs but not by much. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The beds were high with thick, plush mattresses - oh, so comfortable after 13 hours on the road. Our room had a small fridge with freezer and microwave. The breakfast was only adequate - had no meat, no Cheerios, no yogurt, no fresh cut fruit, no flavored creamer. It did have egg patties, biscuits and gravy, waffle maker, some cereal, coffee, bananas, milk and juice. On the 2nd morning, I brought my own toast, ham and coffee creamer. We used 3 of the 4 machines in the fitness room - stair stepper (should upgrade to an elliptical), treadmill, and 2 bikes (one a recumbent) - all worked OK. No pool, but we spent all day on the Ocoee river. As far as comfort, convenience, and cleanliness, this is more a 3 star than a 2 star hotel. Very clean. I would only improve the breakfast, the towels, and upgrade the fitness equipment. Did I mention how luxurious the beds were? We come annually to Cleveland; we won't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Interior upstairs rooms make you feel like you're a guest in someone's southern mansion. Ext...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Venne_Family
Holden, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 June 2014

On a recent trip to Pigeon Forge, we stayed at Douglas Inn. We only needed an overnight stay and after I read the reviews, I booked a room.
Everything was clean and the staff was very helpful. They had all the amenities you could want in a room and the beds were very comfortable!
When we went down to breakfast, we were shocked to see the amount of different choices, waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereal, fruit, oatmeal and sweet rolls.
The other two ladies were amazed at the room and the price. We would stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank paperlady49
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Staff was awesome! We needed some aspirin and they didn’t have any for sale. Instead of having to go to a store they offered us some aspirin; which I have no doubt come from the staff’s own personal stash. The hotel is clean and right off the interstate. The only reason I didn’t give them 5 stars was that housekeeping clogged up my toilet from personal use. At least they left us a note about it, but it still felt like I was a little violated as that was my room for the weekend. I tend to think that staff has their own bathrooms?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike M
Douglas Inn a, Front Office Manager at Douglas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize for any problems you had with your toilet. Our staff does have their own restroom and however are NOT allowed to use any part of a guests room period. I'm not for sure what happened there and am sorry for you feeling violated. We are happy that you enjoyed all other aspects of your room and your stay with us and hope when you are back in Cleveland we can accommodate you. Again, Thank you for staying with us.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was charged extra for something I didn't do. Someone took our towels so the staff decided to charge me the $$ for what someone else has done. I guess they must really need the money as I do NOT need the towels. They were very rude! So, with that being said if they can sleep knowing they took money that shouldn't have been charged, I can spare the change. I hope they feel good about their decision, because they really made a mistake accusing someone and calling a customer a liar! I hope everyone takes this into consideration. If you decide to stay here you may want to drop off your towels at the front desk and have them counted daily to make sure you don't get falsely accused and charged for something you didn't do!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank 7bo
TinessaDixon, Front Office Manager at Douglas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
We are very sorry for any inconvenience that you may have encountered while staying here at Douglas Inn and Suites of Cleveland. We are committed to keeping our costs down so we can keep our affordable rates for our guests but still get the same quality and customer service. We have company policies that we must adhere to which include an inventory count of our linens everyday. When you check in our Hotel and you sign our Customer Agreement on your check -In slip you assume all charges. If the towels etc. are left outside the room for laundry to pick up you are responsible for those things until they are in our hands and counted for. We strive for continued Guest Satisfaction and that is why we are 3 Diamond rated by AAA. We appreciate your business and hope that you would consider in the future staying with us again. Thank you for your comments as they are always helpful to our staff to better serve you.
Hogansville, GA
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

My husband, mother, and I stayed for two nights in a suite and we brought our four and a half to five month old large breed puppy with us. The front desk staff were very helpful and nice. We loved our suite. It was roomy and very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again. We will also recommend it to others too! We just loved it!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank graves0812
Douglas Inn a, Manager at Douglas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your review. All of our guests comments are very important to us. We love to get reviews letting us know how we are doing. We are so glad you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your stay. I personally think we have the cleanest, most friendly hotel around this area. We hope to see you again real soon.