“Comfort food”

Old Fort Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 195 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
long island
“Comfort food”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Like others, we were visiting the area and wanted to support and sample a local family restaurant. It didn't disappoint. The service was fast and friendly. Menu was Cracker-Barrel-esque, food had that home-cooked taste. This is not gourmet food and shouldn't be rated as such. I gave it 4 stars because if you're looking for comfort food, this is the place.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank njsee

“Great Christmas Party Scene!”
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Tonight was the Christmas Party for our Club at The Old Fort and both the atmosphere & the food was great! They have a simple menu, but there is enough variety to suit everyone's fancy. Another reason I like them is because they have Pepsi products, which they can be hard to find at restaurants in Cleveland. My husband had chicken fried steak and I ordered the honey mustard chicken. The mustard was a tad overpowering, but tasted good when I took some of the excess mustard off. It came over a bed of rice , which I did not care for , but then again I don't like wild rice. The bread assortment included cornbread muffins and rolls, which were quite tasty. My side salad was larger than most side salads I've received. The staff was very nice & worked hard to satisfy our requests. All in all, a good night. Last, the Old Fort has been in business for many, many years even though this was my first visit.

Kingston, Tennessee
“Cafeteria food at best.”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Read the reviews prior to visiting the area. Was looking forward to a great meal. Ordered the special plus two sides. Hubby ordered meat and three. Food was out in 5 min. Not cooked fresh. Meal was mushy tasteless and could best be served in a hospital cafeteria...at best. Will never...never be back. Yuck!

4 Thank tracylynh
Grayson, Georgia
“"Nice local restaurant"”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We like to support a local family restaurant instead of a chain. Old Fort did not disappoint and we have visited several times on our way thru Cleveland, Tn. Daily specials, regular favorites on the menu and plenty of choices. A local favorite!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank katork
“Hometown restaurant with a full parking lot. Always a winner!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We don't live in Cleveland but we were driving through and wanted dinner. We knew, Friday night, 7 ish, could be interesting to get in anywhere and didn't want fast food nor a chain. We drove around for just a minute before finding this quaint little place with a full parking lot. We like that kind of place, we know it has to be good. The place is bigger than it looks. We got a table right away. The waitress, I wish I could remember her talked to everyone like family. It was a good feeling. The service could not have been any better nor quicker. Food came out quick and hot. AND DELICIOUS! Hit the spot! I had chicken & dumplings, husband had fried steak. There was plenty of food without being outrageous (like some places have become with portions). The price was very reasonable. Our waitress came by the table and asked how everything was, I said everything was outstanding. I wasn't exaggerating either. We live over an hour away and know it will be worth the drive if we hop down for dinner on a Saturday.

• Visited September 2013