“Been eating there for 20 years”

Old Fort Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 199 Restaurants in Cleveland
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Great food wonderfull family corky his wife and sons always treat me good and will redo anything if I don't like but very seldom do I not like it. It's an old time small town family restaraunt they do better business in cleveland tn than the big chain places do

1  Thank craig s

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Like others, we were visiting the area and wanted to support and sample a local family restaurant. It didn't disappoint. The service was fast and friendly. Menu was Cracker-Barrel-esque, food had that home-cooked taste. This is not gourmet food and shouldn't be rated as such. I gave it 4 stars because if you're looking for comfort food, this is the place.

1  Thank njsee
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Tonight was the Christmas Party for our Club at The Old Fort and both the atmosphere & the food was great! They have a simple menu, but there is enough variety to suit everyone's fancy. Another reason I like them is because they have Pepsi products, which they can be hard to find at restaurants in Cleveland. My husband had chicken fried steak and I ordered the honey mustard chicken. The mustard was a tad overpowering, but tasted good when I took some of the excess mustard off. It came over a bed of rice , which I did not care for , but then again I don't like wild rice. The bread assortment included cornbread muffins and rolls, which were quite tasty. My side salad was larger than most side salads I've received. The staff was very nice & worked hard to satisfy our requests. All in all, a good night. Last, the Old Fort has been in business for many, many years even though this was my first visit.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Read the reviews prior to visiting the area. Was looking forward to a great meal. Ordered the special plus two sides. Hubby ordered meat and three. Food was out in 5 min. Not cooked fresh. Meal was mushy tasteless and could best be served in a hospital cafeteria...at best. Will never...never be back. Yuck!

4  Thank tracylynh
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We like to support a local family restaurant instead of a chain. Old Fort did not disappoint and we have visited several times on our way thru Cleveland, Tn. Daily specials, regular favorites on the menu and plenty of choices. A local favorite!

1  Thank katork