“Excellent Place to stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We were on our way to Florida and stayed at the Fairfield Inn after driving 12 hours. I had bid on Priceline and was awarded this motel at a price of $72.00, including tax.

We were very pleased with everything. The bed was comfy. The room was clean.

It would have been nice if breakfast started at 6 AM for those wanting to get an early start. But, it wasn't a big deal. We just waited till 7 AM, and were on the road shortly thereafter.

Breakfast was very good and a wonderful start to our day.

I would definitely stay here again, as I have nothing negative to say about the place.

Room Tip: Might want to ask for a room away from the Interstate highway.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel with us. We are so happy that we were able to make your stay enjoyable, and even happier that you would stay with us again! We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Long day driving and a couple of more days to go but a stop-over in Cleveland made a great difference in our mind set. The girl's at the front desk were welcoming, introducing themselves and giving us maps and directions of places to go to have our evening meal. Our room was very well appointed and bed was very comfy. Breakfast was very good in the early morning and a great start to the day. We obtained a coupon for the hotel at one of the rest stations and was able to get the room for decent price.
The only concerns I would like to stress is that I used the computer several times during the night and the keys were extremely dirty with dust and grime. A good cleaning would go a long way to prevent the germs of others from spreading. I must praise you on the recycling in the hotel also. Many of the paper containers were stationed at different positions.
Great place and will most certainly stay at the Fairfield Inn again. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank madisonCanada
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with us. I am glad that your stay was to your satisfaction, and I am glad the stopover gave you some time to rest before heading back on the road. In regards to the computer keyboards, I will see to it personally that this is taken care of. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were traveling from Mi. to FL.not on a vacation but a stressful family emergency.Our first stop an urgent need to sleep found us a less than savory hotel.We left after 3 hours of sleep.Took care of our bussiness and headed home.Alas we decided on Fairfield Inn Cleveland TN.It had excellent reviews.We arrived and were delighted by our welcome from Michelle G. front desk clerk.She was genuinely kind and welcoming.From the phone call to book our room, through check in, a sweetheart of a lady.We walked into the lobby and could smell that this building was well maintained and clean.Headed to our room.I have 15 plus years in the cleaning industry ,I know what to check to see if a room is cleaned properly or not.I was impressed.The room was very clean Rhonda did an a+ job and was a sweet lady to chat with,hard worker.Comfy clean bed, nice tv ,good towels and Paul Mitchell shampoo/cond. and lotion!!!!The breakfast was fresh and excellently maintained by Raquel she was a hard working lady and approachable and kind.We just cant express enough how pleased we are with this stay.It was a huge relief and comfort to have happened upon this hotel it was so nice to relax and recharge after our draining family emergency.We will be reccomending this hotel to all who are in this vicinity for sure!We will be back I cant wait to visit Cleveland TN. again soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian H

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your stay. First, let me say I am very sorry that your travels were not under better circumstances. I am sure that adds to the stress of travel. I am glad that we were able to provide a stress-free stay for you. I will share your comments with the entire staff at our next meeting. I am sure they will be very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Cleveland, TN.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here two night. We stayed at this hotel because we thought we were getting a room with a sofa bed, and a jetted tub. At least that's what the guy that made the reservation and the website said. Which that was a lie. I would of stayed elsewhere if we hadn't already paid up front before we got to the hotel. The people at the front desk were very polite. The pool was nice, hot tub was nice, the room was clean, the beds weren't as comfy as I had hoped. The first night we had no problems, Second night was awful, the family that was in the room next to us was extremely loud and constantly in and out of there rooms. I know I have kids but they were asleep before 8:00 and here these people are screaming kids and slamming there door. They had the need to yell at each other at 7:45 in the morning!! Its annoying pay all that money for the room and then not getting what you were told and then getting stuck with an extremely rude family beside you! On top of that since we stay two days, they did not clean our room till 4 pm. We were gone all morning, why couldn't they have cleaned it then instead of waiting till 4 when we had just gotten back to the room?? I personally wont be coming back here.

Room Tip: Don't get a room close to the elevator
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Supersora89
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us about your stay. First, I am so sorry for the inconvenience about the incorrect information given to you at the time of booking. I was informed of this the day you checked in by our staff, and I immediately reached out to the support desk of the 3rd party booking company you used to have this corrected. We had no idea that they had this information in their system, otherwise we would have made sure it was correct the first time. I also looked into the noise issues and I was unable to find any report at the desk about it. We take these issues very seriously, and if we had known about it, we would have reached out to those guests to ensure that it stopped.

We hope that the next time you are in town you will consider giving us a second chance. I assure you that the issues you experienced are an exception to the rule at our hotel, and that we will do whatever it takes to make this right with you. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to give me a call.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I am grateful 2 have excellent service at 11pm arrival time. Michelle was there when we arrived and departed early the next morning. A perfect room, a great breakfast (would love an artificial flavor, dye & preservative free selection) and great stories about the elderly, the chocolate in town and the Cherokee heritage. My son said it was the best bed on the whole trip! Thank YOU!!

Room Tip: Room in the back was quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your stay at the Fairfield inn Cleveland. I am very happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable. Although we do not have an artificial flavor, dye & preservative free selection at breakfast right now, I will be more than happy to share your suggestion with our team leaders, and we may be able to carry those in the future. We hope to see you again next time you are in town!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights at Christmas. The front desk staff was very friendly and professional, and we were quickly checked into our 4th floor room. We had a lovely view of the hills on the other side of I-75. The room was large, clean, and modern. Lighting was good and there were plenty of electrical outlets well-located throughout the room. Plus we had a small refrigerator and microwave. The hotel is very well located just off of I-75 and is walking distance from a Cracker Barrel restaurant and a pharmacy/coffee shop. Very short drive to numerous other shops and restaurants.

I only had a couple of minor complaints (not big enough to mention to management):

1. We had a king room. The way the room was laid out there was not enough room to walk between one side of the bed and the wall. Since that happened to be the side I sleep on the only way to get in and out of bed was go climb over the end. This seems to be a room design issue due to having a very large "living room" area. If anyone in your party is mobility-limited you may want to take this into consideration.

2. The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas, but there was an overpowering aroma that I can only describe as "Yankee Candle on steroids". I am scent-sensitive, so I simply minimized my time in the lobby. And fortunately the smell didn't permeate the rest of the hotel. However I found it to be quite unpleasant.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper you may want to ask for a room overlooking the parking lot. The other...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JH1027
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your stay with us. We are glad that you spent the holidays with us. I will share your positive comments with our staff. I am sorry that the scent system we have caused you an issue. We tried a new scent out this year for the Holidays and I do agree, it was a bit overpowering, so we will not be using that particular one next year. We hope that the next time you are in Cleveland we see you again!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We just spent a couple of nights here this past weekend (9.27.13 and 9.28.2013) and could not have been more happy!!!
EVERYONE we encountered during our stay had 1 thing in mind...Customer Service!!! There were a couple of wedding parties staying at the hotel that weekend and as you can imagine it as a little hectic at times. We had to wait or want for nothing! As the parents of 2 boys we traveled for sporting events almost every weekend and stayed in ALOT of hotels and honestly can not even come close to receiving the hospitality we received during our stay. Have to give kudos to the night clerk Michelle as well as Christine......Simply fabulous!!!! They made our special event truly special and allowed us to "de-stress" and revel in our joy! Thank you for providing exceptional and pleasant staff!!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and rested very well!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am very happy to hear that the staff met your expectations during your stay, and I will share your comments with them during our next staff meeting. We are certainly glad you made us your choice for accommodations while in Cleveland for the wedding, and we hope to see you back next time your travels bring you in to town!