“still waiting”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ripley, Tennessee
“still waiting”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have put off writing this review long enough, but feel very compelled to do so. I checked in on Thursday, April 4th and had plans of staying two nights due to attending a training. Around 11:30 pm, the room next door started having a domestic fight with screams, furniture being knocked around, and cursing, and threats. I awoke and felt paralyzed, being I was alone and could not use the phone in fear of retaliation. Theses behaviors did not stop until around 4:00am. I was scared to even make any noises and to even leave to get on the elevator. When I checked out, I explained situation and would not return for next night. After the next day training and checking into the hampton, I phoned to make sure the manager knew about situation. The worker reported that the mgr would not be back in until Monday and he would give call. Monday came and no one called, so I called and made a report and assured that I would receive an email and follow-up, and am still waiting. Just want travelers to be aware of the non-chalant attitudes and lack of concern, but a bigger question is a better way of safety and security at this inn.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rebeccagatlin
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
I want to start out by offering my sincere apologies in the lack of communication on the issue you experienced at our hotel during your stay. There was a breakdown in communication as to who was supposed to call to talk about this, and for that I am sorry. We really try our best to respond to all guest comments within 24 to 48 hours of learning about them. From what I understand, as of Wednesday my Operations Manager has been in contact with you. Second, I am so sorry about the issue itself. Our hotel has a very strict noise policy after a certain time, and we do enforce this policy. If we had been made aware of the issue while it was happening, we would have called the police immediately and had that party removed from our hotel. I understand that you were concerned for your safety, however unless we know about the issue, there is no way we can react to ensure you or our other guests are taken care of. Once again, I am very sorry that this trip caused you an inconvenience. and I hope your future travels are less eventful.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 22 March 2014

So nice to see a hotel use colors in a room, instead of the usual dark colors; Even the curtains & rollaway chair are colorful; Very clean, beds super comfortable & firm, & nice soft comforter.Tastefully decorated throughout, with flowered carpet in hallways, & lots of nice touches.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank mvdaq
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. We are very glad we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay, and are glad you enjoyed the color scheme of our hotel. Our hotel is using the Green Tea package that was provided by Marriott, and we have been able to incorporate items into this to make it stand out as vivid and bright. We hope to see you again next time you are in town!
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

i would stay again here matt the manager very nice guy and very honest. Very helpfulwhen we arrived the lady at the front desk was very nice..the room was clean and tidy the pool looked super nice but didnt get there till late so never got to use it..over all very nice place

• Stayed February 2014
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us. I am so glad that myself and my staff were able to assist you, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Cleveland area!
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We were on our way to Florida and stayed at the Fairfield Inn after driving 12 hours. I had bid on Priceline and was awarded this motel at a price of $72.00, including tax.

We were very pleased with everything. The bed was comfy. The room was clean.

It would have been nice if breakfast started at 6 AM for those wanting to get an early start. But, it wasn't a big deal. We just waited till 7 AM, and were on the road shortly thereafter.

Breakfast was very good and a wonderful start to our day.

I would definitely stay here again, as I have nothing negative to say about the place.

Room Tip: Might want to ask for a room away from the Interstate highway.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel with us. We are so happy that we were able to make your stay enjoyable, and even happier that you would stay with us again! We look forward to having you back.
Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Long day driving and a couple of more days to go but a stop-over in Cleveland made a great difference in our mind set. The girl's at the front desk were welcoming, introducing themselves and giving us maps and directions of places to go to have our evening meal. Our room was very well appointed and bed was very comfy. Breakfast was very good in the early morning and a great start to the day. We obtained a coupon for the hotel at one of the rest stations and was able to get the room for decent price.
The only concerns I would like to stress is that I used the computer several times during the night and the keys were extremely dirty with dust and grime. A good cleaning would go a long way to prevent the germs of others from spreading. I must praise you on the recycling in the hotel also. Many of the paper containers were stationed at different positions.
Great place and will most certainly stay at the Fairfield Inn again. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank madisonCanada
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with us. I am glad that your stay was to your satisfaction, and I am glad the stopover gave you some time to rest before heading back on the road. In regards to the computer keyboards, I will see to it personally that this is taken care of. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town!
Wayland, Michigan
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were traveling from Mi. to FL.not on a vacation but a stressful family emergency.Our first stop an urgent need to sleep found us a less than savory hotel.We left after 3 hours of sleep.Took care of our bussiness and headed home.Alas we decided on Fairfield Inn Cleveland TN.It had excellent reviews.We arrived and were delighted by our welcome from Michelle G. front desk clerk.She was genuinely kind and welcoming.From the phone call to book our room, through check in, a sweetheart of a lady.We walked into the lobby and could smell that this building was well maintained and clean.Headed to our room.I have 15 plus years in the cleaning industry ,I know what to check to see if a room is cleaned properly or not.I was impressed.The room was very clean Rhonda did an a+ job and was a sweet lady to chat with,hard worker.Comfy clean bed, nice tv ,good towels and Paul Mitchell shampoo/cond. and lotion!!!!The breakfast was fresh and excellently maintained by Raquel she was a hard working lady and approachable and kind.We just cant express enough how pleased we are with this stay.It was a huge relief and comfort to have happened upon this hotel it was so nice to relax and recharge after our draining family emergency.We will be reccomending this hotel to all who are in this vicinity for sure!We will be back I cant wait to visit Cleveland TN. again soon!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brian H
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your stay. First, let me say I am very sorry that your travels were not under better circumstances. I am sure that adds to the stress of travel. I am glad that we were able to provide a stress-free stay for you. I will share your comments with the entire staff at our next meeting. I am sure they will be very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Cleveland, TN.
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here two night. We stayed at this hotel because we thought we were getting a room with a sofa bed, and a jetted tub. At least that's what the guy that made the reservation and the website said. Which that was a lie. I would of stayed elsewhere if we hadn't already paid up front before we got to the hotel. The people at the front desk were very polite. The pool was nice, hot tub was nice, the room was clean, the beds weren't as comfy as I had hoped. The first night we had no problems, Second night was awful, the family that was in the room next to us was extremely loud and constantly in and out of there rooms. I know I have kids but they were asleep before 8:00 and here these people are screaming kids and slamming there door. They had the need to yell at each other at 7:45 in the morning!! Its annoying pay all that money for the room and then not getting what you were told and then getting stuck with an extremely rude family beside you! On top of that since we stay two days, they did not clean our room till 4 pm. We were gone all morning, why couldn't they have cleaned it then instead of waiting till 4 when we had just gotten back to the room?? I personally wont be coming back here.

Room Tip: Don't get a room close to the elevator
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Supersora89
Matthew_Pieniaszek, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us about your stay. First, I am so sorry for the inconvenience about the incorrect information given to you at the time of booking. I was informed of this the day you checked in by our staff, and I immediately reached out to the support desk of the 3rd party booking company you used to have this corrected. We had no idea that they had this information in their system, otherwise we would have made sure it was correct the first time. I also looked into the noise issues and I was unable to find any report at the desk about it. We take these issues very seriously, and if we had known about it, we would have reached out to those guests to ensure that it stopped.

We hope that the next time you are in town you will consider giving us a second chance. I assure you that the issues you experienced are an exception to the rule at our hotel, and that we will do whatever it takes to make this right with you. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to give me a call.