“The Treats Are As Sweet As The Lady Who Served Us!”
Review of Village Bake Shop

Village Bake Shop
Ranked #3 of 4 Bakeries in Cleveland
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Its been 20 plus years since my wife had been to the bakery. We stopped in this past Friday as we were in town for some home made treats. We ordered a dozen of the little cookies and a couple of chocolate burgers. The cookies are exactly as she remembers them and they were delicious and the chocolate burgers were bursting with cream filling. The lady behind the counter was around 5' tall in her late 70's or early 80's and had cream filling on her chin so we knew we were in for a treat. We hope you never change. Thanks for the happy memories.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Haven't tried anything at this bakery except the thumbprint cookies- they are very good! This bakery has been selling these cookies forever and fortunately, the recipe is the same as it was when they first opened!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I grew up eating baked goods baked by the Gilberts and even though I don't live in Cleveland anymore, I never miss a chance to go by the Village Bake Shop for the best donuts, brownies, and pastries anytime I am there. But especially the tea cookies (they call them "thumbprint cookies". The only thing sweeter is the people who work there. It's the best-kept secret of the baking world. Definitely a "don't miss" if you have a chance.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I just left this crap of a bakery where I was told that the donuts I purchase were fresh.. (LIE) I the donuts were stale. I won't be back!! Money wasted

2  Thank Caron5151
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have to admit, they are my favorite bakery in Cleveland and our go-to place to order things for work. Everything they have is very reasonably priced. I WISH their thumbprint cookies weren't so good because I can't stop eating them once I stop! We have had pies, cakes, cookies and donuts from there and every one of them have been delicious. Their staff is always friendly and accomadating, even when we give them very short notice. If you only have a minute, run by and grab a dozen thumbprint cookies....I promise, those alone will make you come back!