“Great rest stop!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Cleveland
Milton, Florida
“Great rest stop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed here and the rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff was very personable and accommodating and breakfast was good. It was a bargain at the price we paid and we will use this hotel in the future.

Thanks Mountain View Inn!

Room Tip: Get the interior room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RCS1970
Richie H, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. Thank you for recognizing the effort of our staff in making your stay as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you again very soon. Travel safe.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cambridge, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

We stayed here because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor. Shows that Tripadvisor is fallible. The place is run down. Water stains on the wall, breaks in the fiberglass shower unit, filthy bathroom vent. Obviously this was once a reasonable place, and they do try, but if they don't make some improvements fast, they won't be around long. Annoyance: We were almost the only guests. We asked for a mountain view and were told a large group was coming later and they were all booked. Well, OK. No sign of "large group" in the morning. Not sad to leave!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucia324
Richie H, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Thank you for your review and alerting us with some areas that we can improve upon. We are in a renovation stage in some rooms with our maintenance staff addressing some of the issues you mentioned. I hope you will give us another chance real soon. We will do our best to serve you.

Travellers are raving about these Cleveland hotels

Maumee, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Very personable staff, the owner gave us an upgraded room. The breakfast was very good and the room was very comfortable. Overall a good value and we would stay there again! They had a nice outdoor pool and we had a wonderful Valentine's Day dinner in the evening.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank patbster
Richie H, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for your kind words and a 4 star review. We appreciate you noticing our wonderful Valentine's dinner. That is a tradition for the Mountain View. Of Course, our mountain views are what we are known for best, but our food is some of the finest in the area. We are glad you enjoyed your room and hope you come by and stay with us again very soon.
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

My sister and I have stayed here the past 2 years when we come to Cleveland to have Christmas with family. The hotel is decorated beautifully for Christmas. The staff is so gracious. This is a Christian owned hotel! Needs some updating, but a lovely place to stay. We will definitely come again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank sbell2852
Richie H, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Thank you for your kind words. WE are family owned and operated and actually do the Christmas decorating ourselves. I will pass your compliments on to our ladies that work hard to provide something EXTRA for our guests in the way of decorating. Be safe in your travels and please come back soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

Well, I hate to give this place a bad review because I like to support small businesses. When I made my reservation, the gentleman that assisted me was more than pleasant and even offered me a discount that I wasn't aware of! Since I was pinching pennies was awesome! I mentioned to him that I might need to check in early because I would need to get ready for a wedding at 4. He told me to call the morning of to tell the morning staff and that it would be no problem.
WELL I did just as he directed, the pleasant morning staff assured me that it would be no problem!

I arrived to the Hotel at 2pm(regular check in was 3pm) They did not have my room ready and could not place me in another room because they were "booked"(no cars in the parking lot mind you) to make a long story shorter, they did not have my room ready until almost 3:30!!!!!!! Luckily the wedding was very nearby, other wise I wouldn't have been on time.

The lobby is pretty nice, the outside a little run down, the staff very friendly, room was pretty clean, except the ceiling above the tub was moldy, and the fan vent was really dirty(EWWWW!!), beds were comfy.

Breakfast was a "free buffet" you had to tip, and pay for your drink because it was a restaurant attached to the hotel. The food was...Ehh...I shouldn't complain since it was free, what could I really expect?

THE VIEW WAS GREAT! Sunrise and sunset were spectacular!

They gave me another reduction in price for the late check in. I WOULD stay here again if I could be promised and guarenteed there would be no mold.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank heathernoelle13
Richie H, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Thank you for your review. Your kind words are appreciated. We apologize for the 30 minute late check in due to our hotel being sold out the night prior to your arrival. We hope to see you again in your travels to our area.
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

We spent two nights and it may not be the newest motel, it was better than most of the others in the area. Checking in was easy and we were able to get a room close to our friends. The lobby is very nice and I've heard that the rooms in the front part of the hotel are very nice. Our room was on the Mountain side and it was better than most motels we've stayed in. It was clean & the bathroom wasn't bad. The only draw back is that the bed was rather hard. Location is great for jumping on the Interstate and driving into Chattanooga (we didn't hear any traffic noises). I would stay here again - and it's a good value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Richie H, General Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you referring us to other travelers and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. The views this time of year at the Mountain View Inn are breathtaking!!! Come see us again very soon and be safe in all of your travels.
kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Found a good deal at Mt View Inn for our Ocoee rafting trip. Staff was very helpful. Room was okay but not great. Had some concerns but the staff took care of them right away. Hot breakfast... Hint: get complementary coffee or they will charge in dinning room. You could tell this was a beauty in her day but she needs a facelift. No noise issues. Good view of valley.

Room Tip: If traveling with someone, ask for a second floor room facing valley/mt view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank thingtodo
PastorR_11, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. WE really appreciate your business. Please come and see us again.