“Summer trip”

Baymont Inn & Suites Clinton
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We love staying here Jeffrey and his staff are all very nice & accommadating.The only complaint is how rude wendy is .The things that need repair don't get needed attention because the owner is cheap & non caring about his customers & staff.Which the housekeepers etc don't get paid that much & for all they do they deserve the tips.we always leave tips for the staff Ms Vickie is a real doll.We don't bother staff for much cleaning when we stay I have messy 8 year old twin boys so I cleanup after my kids.I also strip beds for them when I leave cause they are worked hard for too little pay.
Jeffrey the manager takes care of his customers we have been coming for 2 years & feel like family I hope there jacuzzi is working this weekend dec 20th when we go back for 2 weeks.I only wish the owner would put in at least one wakin shower as my hubby is disabled & cant use the regular tub
I still prefer to stay here over any where else because of Jeffrey,Rose & Ms.Vickie

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Mike W, Public Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. Can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

This is our fourth time at this hotel. We stay here when traveling south or goin to Gatlinburg. Two times were perfect. The third time was a nightmare. This time was much better. They have fixed most of the things that were broken at our last visit and I did have to call Carlson Ckub to get it done except the EXERCISE MACHINES. Promised by Christmas.....well any way their charm is Vickie. Every morning Vickie puts together an amazing continental breakfast with egg meat potato ceral waffles etc but then she heats up her own grill and makes you an omlet with all the toppins and it is great no fantastic. No charge....we do tip her a dollar an omlet but come on people a dollar...it would cost you $3.00 or more in a restaurant. The hotel is in a great area and pretty good. The management staff is gettin better but I shouldnt have to get them on trouble to make things like they should be. Regardless when you stay tell Vickie Barb says hello.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you so much.

We hope to have you back soon. We've been busy upgrading some things.

I think you'll be impressed next time you return!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Room was Great, and Cooked to Order Breakfast Provided. Staff is OUTSTANDING and very helpful with advice for area restaurants! The Pool was Dirty and green in color and The Hot Tub/ SPA not really working very well. The Air Jets were not working and Staff did not Know anything about it. Hot Cookies when I got there were Great!

Room Tip: Just do not Swim!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words.

We think we've got a great staff too.

Sorry about the Jacuzzi malfunction, everything's up and running topnotch now.

Please come back!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We booked our room through Priceline in November of 2012. We stayed in September 2013. We called in July to make sure we had a kitchenette since I am a diabetic and prepare our meals. When we arrived, we were given a room that smelled musky with no kitchenette. The night clerk told me they were sold out and no other rooms were available. Only 17 cars were in the parking lot. The next morning, I spoke with the manager, Jeffery, and he told me that with the amount I paid, I was lucky to get a suite. If he had a standard room he would move me there. I explained I was a diabetic and really needed the kitchenette and if he could give us a room under the ADA and he told me rooms had been sold out over a year and he would not with the amount we paid. Through the week I spoke with many guest who reserved their rooms from June to even to October. Many businesses are aware that word of mouth is the best advertisement. It works both ways. We are a tight group that attends many antique shows thru out the Country. This is such a poor display of accommodating management as well as a direct violation of the ADA. They have a choice to accept Pricelines bid for rooms and if they do should not discriminate against those who use the service. Our bid was for seven days and except for the weekend, only had approximate 25% capacity. Now that percentage hopefully will decrease. Lonnie Freyburger, New Mexico

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lafalotnow
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Baymont Inn & Suites Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Lafalotnow,

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed here on our way back from Florida -- clean,friendly hotel at a decent price(compared to other Country Inns we have stayed at)

Breakfast on Sunday morning included a made to order omelette station -- a real nice touch

We would definitely recommend

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We booked this hotel through Priceline. It was rated 2 1/2 stars along with the Holiday Inn express and the Hampton Inn, so we figured that it could not be that bad, based on our experience with the other hotels. We were planning on staying at the Holiday Inn, but since we got a great rate from Priceline, for the country Inn, we decided to try it for a night. Very disappointing! The front desk lady was great, and very helpful. The room was dismal! Dusty bed covers, stained carpet and worst of all , poop stains in the toilet!!!!!!!! Towels were thin, and the hallway smelled of smoke. We asked for a change of room. The front desk helpfully gave us another room. No better. The bedcovers looked like they had never been dusted. I pulled back the sheets and found something that looked like insect scales on the sheets. My daughter found brown spots on the toilet seat. This was enough for us. We forfeited the deal we got from Priceline, and checked into the Holiday Inn across the road. See that review under Holiday Inn Express, Clinton.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Same parking lot as Motel 8. For a few $$ more, you can stay across the road...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MarisaB64
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Baymont Inn & Suites Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear MarisaB64,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn and Suites standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Southern hospitality at its best. lovely hotel, close to restaurants and a super walmart. pool is small but clean, hot tub is what it should be...HOT!
Breakfast has something for everyone, and the omelets are great!
Rooms are nice, but the hallways are a little dated, but we were pleasantly surprised to have a micro-fridge in our room.
definitely worth more than the 50.00 we paid on priceline, hope we get this lucky next time we bid on a room in this area!

Room Tip: ask for a view facing the parking lot, theres nothing to look at in the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheri T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Quality Inn
Super 8 Clinton
Super 8 Clinton
#6 of 6 in Clinton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Clinton? Share your experiences!