“good overnight stay on the way to Florida” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Clinton
Plymouth, Michigan
“good overnight stay on the way to Florida”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

the only problem we had was that when i booked it, i was told each room had a pull out couch. This was not the case., We are a family of 6 and had to sleep 3 to a bed. Other than that, the place served its purpose as a bed for a few hours until we continued on our journey to florida

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Joe V, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Matt T.,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Country Inn & Suites Clinton / I-75. We hope the next time your travels bring you to our area you will stay with us again. We will save a suite with a pull out sofa waiting for you.
Warm Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I called twice to confirm my reservation and they still screwed it up. I was 1 hour away from the hotel and wanted to speak to the manager. The front-desk put me on hold for 20 minutes before hanging up. When I called back the idiot at the front-desk said he was not there and wasn't sure when he was coming back. When I did arrive the manager was still not there. Toilet had a funky noise coming from it and the sofabed had stains on it. Overall dirty hotel and will never stay there again.

Stayed April 2014
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Leaza1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We do apologize for any hold time you experience, for the condition of your room, and for not being able to reach the manager by phone. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Clinton hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

No matter how much you save price wise, it's not worth the frustration. You'll be lucky if the light bulbs in your room work and your toilet flushes. The pool is cold and very tiny. We booked online, and when we got there, they didn't have room for us, and had to stuff 6 people in a room made for 4. The staff does not act like they care. I've stayed at these before, and they were ok, but this location is terrible.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75, responded to this review, 17 April 2014

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Sauble Beach, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stay at this chain frequently when travelling and have mostly found their properties to be very nice. HOWEVER, this property is an exception. There were so many maintenance and housekeeping issues that it is hard to list them all. Things like used shampoo bottles, what appeared like used coffee cups and dirty & worn hall carpets. Maintenance issues like poorly repaired nicks and scraps on baseboards, loose fitting door latch plates (screws missing), and bathtub drains not draining.

It appears that some updates were attempted as there were new fixtures in the bathroom, but, dirty old electric plugs and switches really put me off as they should be done with the other updates otherwise it still looks very incomplete. The toilet, which appeared newer, had a broken piece of tile put under the front of it to level it off which left a large gap around most of it. Peeling wallpaper borders were also a put off even though it looked like linens and furniture were updated.

We were really disappointed as this was not up to their standard in their other properties we have stayed in. We will not be staying at this location again.

Room Tip: Get the suite if you want a micro and fridge.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear saublemike,

Clinton Township
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were at this Country Inn & Suites March 16, 2014.

Where to start? The bathroom linens were skimpy in quality and quantity. The towels were very thin and worn. There was only one washcloth and no hand towel.

The tank lid on the toilet was ill-fitting and made the most embarrassingly loud sound when sitting down and arising from it. The water pipes after flushing were very loud.

Perhaps worst off all, the carpet was stained and filthy.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
mehul7974, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for (Mehul Patel/GM)
Frankfort, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Ignore the March 1 review. Clean, quiet, friendly. Omelette station is a nice personal touch. Desk manager rocks. She was great. This is a nice stopping place. Some people just like to whine. Spiders are kind of hard to control.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank malibupointe1104
Malibupointe1104,
We are so glad you chose to stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites in Clinton. It's our goal for our guests to feel like a part of our family during your stay with us. We hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to East Tennessee.
Warm Regards,
Rockwood, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I've been here 30 minutes and have NEVER complained about a hotel until today. We walked in after traveling from Ocala, FL at 11:30pm. First thing I see? A spider in the bathroom. The carpet looks like it hasn't been vacuumed in a week, there are marks all over the wall, and my "clean" pillow case had makeup marks from foundation on it as well as there stains. Stained sheets, and a HUGE hole (baseball size) in one of the towels!! Seriously? If we weren't exhausted already i would be on my way to a new hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear RissRiss234,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn and Suites standards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville Clinton
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 6 in Clinton
Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75
Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton
Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park
Comfort Inn Knoxville

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75? Share your experiences!