“Waste of money!”

Tennessee River Monsters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my dad had booked this trip for my good grades. We were very excited and he had discussed with captain Steve that we could only keep one which we agreed upon. After booking our room for 100$ and spending eating money we met captain Brice. He seemed to be nice overall but said we could not keep a fish which is what we were after. After this he called captain steve to pick us up. During all this both of them were cussing almost every second. After switching I thought it was just a misunderstanding and things would be cleared up. We got to our spot and I thought we might have a chance of catching somthing. After spending three hours in one spot which in my experience you NEVER do. After all this my dad went to pay him after deciding not to fish the next day he handed him 300$ and was about to hand him 50 more until he said he couldnt take that. He did offer us 1 free day but after all this it was not worth it. 400$ for 3 hours of fishing and all the fees of getting down there. Overall I do appreciate captains steves service in the military but would never use his guide service again.

3  Thank RBoy70

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Contacted Capt.Scott at the first of June and booked a trip for the 25 and 26 of June. We discussed what I was after. I explained that my 17 year old son had done well in school and I wanted to try to provide him with a chance at a wall hanger ( big striper). He said he could keep one and that was it. We agreed on that. I show up the day to fish Capt. Brice was there. He told me we couldn't keep any fish. Questioned me about supporting wildlife due to the tag on my truck. Guess he hadn't thought about the 120 dollar out of state fishing licenses we had purchased. Suggested I keep a replica which was not an option. Then I had to listen about all the fish he never keep and how he lives there. After all that he calls Capt Scott to come get my son and me. We switch boats in the middle of the river and things keep going down hill. I love Jesus Christ and so does my son . With that said the amount of cussing we where subjected to was appalling. Not sure if they are real captains or not. Pretty sure they are sailors with the mouths they had on them. Over all unproffessinal very uncurttious. And you better get what they say in writing because I was lied to. Ruined the trip for my 17 year old son. Defenatly would not recommend. Also because of all that happened decided not to fish the next day. Paid them 400 dollars for 2 and half hours of fishing. Capt Scott told me I could come back and fish for free 1 time I just had to remind him he said that because he talks to a lot of people. Wouldn't go back for the biggest fish in the Clinch river. Sad they could not keep there word. Only good thing I can say about Capt. Scott is he did serve in the military and for that I thank him for his service.

2  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Tennessee River Monsters provided my boys and I with an incredible day of fishing. Captain Scott Manning was on time, very prepared, and he absolutely put us on the fish. We had a wonderful time, and we will definitely use Captain Manning again when we are back in the area. We fished in October of 2015, and my boys are still talking about the trip.

Reviewed 30 November 2015

Tennessee River Monsters delivers more than just a fishing experience. From Melton Hill Lake to the Tennessee River, at every turn we embrace your passion for chasing Trophy Fish. Whether it's the jolting sound of a screaming bait-clicker or the crushing top-water explosion that comes with a swimbait - Fishing rewards the senses in so many ways. Whether you choose Catfish or Stripers, you will experience our passion and the excitement with every cast. Your Fishing Adventure is One Phone Call Away!