“Shocking Service”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Likalaneng
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Shocking Service”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This review is regarding the customer service relating to a booking problem I had. I have not stayed at this hotel. I decided to write this review as I am absoutely shocked that a hotel can provide this level of customer service.

I requested a quote for this hotel in late July/early August, I cannot remember exactly. I wanted to visit for the August long weekend (9-11 August 2013). From the company website I requested a quote for the said dates.

I recieved the quote on the 25 August 2013. I had actually forgotten that I have made the requested and booked a different hotel for the long weekend. On recipet of the quote I read it 3 times to be sure that I had just recieved a quote for dates that had in fact past, two weeks ago.

If Mohale Lodge had just ignored my request as the date had clearly long passed, I wouldn't have even remembered requesting the quote.

I am shocked that a hotel can provide a potential guest with a quote of a date that has passed, this desplays a shocking level of service. Having worked in the hospitality industry myself I can honestly say this hotel should be ashamed.

Reading perivous reviews, it seems this hotel isn't very busy, could it be that they are to incompetent to even take advantage of potential customers such as myself?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MyTravelBugSA
Hote1Management, Manager at Mohale Lodge, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for bringing to attention the delayed response in a requested availability, since we deal with over 55 online booking agents and a further 100 or so travel agents it is very difficult for us to nail down why there was a delayed response to your enquiry. Our direct reservation office responds immediately and there is no Mohale Lodge website, in fact we are about to launch the lodges website where guests will be able to do live bookings and see live availability.

We thank you for making your comments and are glad that you managed to enjoy the long weekend away, however we feel it was not an accurate review of Mohale Lodge since in fact you have never stayed there. We hope to accommodate you in the future and provide you with a true Mohale Lodge experience that we trust will allow you to post an accurate review of the lodge and your personal experience.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Maseru, Lesotho
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My only experiences of this lodge have been work-related, but I would love to have a more leisurely visit to take in the clean mountain air. The staff was helpful and the food excellent except the dessert buffet. The rooms were clean and functional, with dstv and tea station. There is a choice of rooms in the central building with baths, or the annex with showers.The annex is the place to book for self-catering option, with fridges and stoves, but alas no microwave oven. The lodge is undertaking modernisation of the rooms, whereby the bathrooms will have baths with shower to international standards. My room had an oil heater, which was a welcome comfort as the nights can get nippy even in autumn.
The view of the dam and mountains from some of the rooms is truly breathtaking. The swimming pool had fallen into disuse, but along with the tennis courts and nearby business complex, could provide all the distraction one needs on their semi-rural retreat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the dam, preferably at the end of the corridor (which can get a bit no...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Roni28
Dear Sir/Madam,

We love the fact that you have summed up Mohale and the Lesotho experience perfectly. We hope to see you back at Mohale Lodge soon.

Warmest regards,

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for 1 night and we found it just by following the large signposts from about 30km away. It is huge and very modern, built to accommodate the workers employed to build the adjacent dam but subsequently used as a conference venue for large government groups.
The check in process was very slow but all other service was good. Dinner was very good and the breakfast (buffet and a la carte cooked food) was also impressive.
The rooms were fine - nothing special but functional and clean with stunning views from the balcony.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Steve and Amy,

Thank you so much for your kind words, we will certainly pass on your compliments to the chef.

Safe travels and warm regards,

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2012

[NB this is NOT at Mohales Hoek, but about 6 hours derive away near the Mohale dam GPS -29.478422,28.061264}

My wife was poorly so we stopped off here unexpectedly.

The place was empty when we arrived with a ghost like atmosphere
and numerous staff milling about. A government group arrived in the
evening but did little to give the place warmth.

I ate the buffet provided for the arrivals and it was reasonable.
The staff could not have been more helpful over getting some scrambled
eggs for my wife.

The price for B&B was negotiable!

Room fair, but no shower, bath only. Wi-Fi broken, TV in room with DST.
Excellent lightweight but warm quilt.

The whole place feels like a deserted holiday resort, and looks out of place
with modern symmetrical brick buildings in the rural Lesotho countryside.

I wouldn’t choose to stay here again but they provided a good port in a storm.

Room Tip: Ask for the main block, not annexes
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David J
Dear David,

Thank you for your review. Mohale is a very remote location and is suitable for those people looking to get far away from the madding crowd. We are glad to have been able to provide safe harbour from the storm.

We trust your wife is better and you have returned safely to the UK.

Warmest regards,

The Mohale Lodge Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Likalaneng
Mohale Oa Masite Lodge
#1 of 1 in Mohale's Hoek
Botleng Guest House
Botleng Guest House
#1 of 27 in Maseru

Been to Mohale Lodge? Share your experiences!