“New place to go in dalgety bay”

Louie Brown's Bar Kitchen & Deli
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A vibrant bar serving pub classics. Function room available at no extra charge and coffee shop serving breakfasts from 8:30 daily
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Went to try this new restaurant out . Decor really good , with good atmosphere and buzz about the place . Starters were good mussels at about £6.50 , but decent portion and very tasty .main was rib eye steak , really tasty with chips . Was about £19, also got side order of cabbage / bacon . Drink prices ok , did not try deserts . Will be back again as a real challenge to other establishments in DB .

3  Thank Youngkb

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I came here for lunch with my mother and grandmother yesterday, and having never been before, I was very pleasantly surprised to see what they had done with the old social club! The deli is well thought out, with options for lovely home made breads, cakes and tray bakes, a lovely informal place to stop for a bite to eat or a coffee.
The restaurant is beautiful, feels like a continental style cafe, lots of places to sit, terraced off areas and plants indoors, a really nice place to sit!
The staff were very attentive, we ordered a couple of sharing platters which arrived quickly and there was plenty to eat for us! Staff in the restaurant seem very proud of what they have achieved here!
After eating we ordered coffee and went to the deli to order a cake! There were 2 members of staff and 2 customers in front of us! It took a very long time to be served here. One of the staff was busy talking to the customer, which although was nice to see and it's showing an interest, it meant we had to wait ages my coffee was luke warm by the time I got back to my table! But this is my only complaint and it's not a biggie, all the staff were lovely!
I will definitely be back.

2  Thank lynne s
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Ate there for the first time tonight and you can bet I shall return. Visited with my wife, my daughter and her friend. We virtually all had different meals but everyone was of a very high quality and the word must have got around because there was hardly a spare table.It is very well set out and it has little extras like a whisky tasting room. It is refreshing that Dalgety Bay has something unique like this establishment and should do really well. I have eaten in many different quality restaurants around Europe and this compares with them.
Well recommended!

1  Thank cpwalker
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Louie Browns is outstanding! The food, the service, the atmosphere, the décor and the value is amazing. Every last detail has been planned to absolute perfection. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and everyone and plan on returning very soon. Big thumbs up Louie Browns and hats off to the chef!

2  Thank Louise C
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband, baby and I went for a late lunch to try out the new restaurant in town. I had high expectations snd sadly I was let down. The staff were very friendly and chatted to us and our baby before we ordered. I ordered goats cheese tart which was nice but nothing special. My husband ordered chicken wings and was disappointed that the skin was not crispy. While we ate our starters a pleasant member of staff asked if we would like something for our baby to eat and promptly brought us some bread for her to munch on (which we were not charged for). The main courses came promptly after our starters had been cleared. I had ordered seafood kebabs with rice and at £15 I expected lots of succulent fish, however I was greatly disappointed. Most of the kebabs were vegetables, there were 3 very overcooked prawns, 1.5 chunks of cod and a chunk of salmon! Absolutely not worth £15! My husbands steak was cooked rare as he had asked, however as it was so thin the fat had not had a chance to render which made it very chewy. At £18 I think they could have done better. We then had dessert which was cookie and ice cream-this was served hot which we were not expecting. It was ok but again nothing special.overall I think the quality of food needs to improve greatly if they are going to continue charging these prices. I don't expect to be back to the restaurant, however I will try the deli to see if that is any better as I would really like to support local businesses.

4  Thank MrsNJT007