“Nice supper in lovely environment”

Louie Brown's Bar Kitchen & Deli
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A vibrant bar serving pub classics. Function room available at no extra charge and coffee shop serving breakfasts from 8:30 daily
Fife, Scotland
“Nice supper in lovely environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Just enjoyed a light supper and a coffee with a friend. It's nice to have somewhere stylish to go for a quiet supper and a good blether. Service good acne the meal was very pleasant. We plan to do it often.

Visited November 2013

Fife
“Building its business and going in the right direction”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great place but not too busy just yet as it is recently opened. Food menu was really good and choices that we made were all excellent when they arrived. Well presented and good service. Drinks menu is good although cocktail wasn't as good as I would have expected when it arrived but hopefully that was a one off. Will definitely be back with friends and family.
You can get private rooms for groups of 6 or 10 which is a great option, the rooms looked lovely.

Dalgety Bay
“Good but could be even better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Dalgety Bay has long been in need of a high quality pub/restaurant so when I heard this place had opened I was delighted. I booked their private room for a birthday meal for my mum for ten of house.

This review is meant to be constructive as overall the experience was good but I think could be even better.

I have to say the decor of Louie Brown's is fabulous. You can tell that a lot of thought have been put into the styling of the place and matching their menu with the whole ethos of the place which I loved. Their private spaces are also fantastic and at no extra cost its amazing.

We had a range of starters - I had the fish sharing platter which was a selection of roll mops, cripsy whitebait / haddock and smoked salmon which was delicious. The quality of the food is something you can't fault. However, I was without a fork and asked our waitress for one. About 10 minutes after I had nearly finished (i procured a fork from someone who was having soup). And we were given no plates either.

There didn't seem to be one waitress assigned to our table so this also made it harded if you needed anything. They were also very young and inexperienced - which wasn't their fault but for a restaurant that is aiming for quality you would expect this as standard.

For main, I had the trio of steaks. Again the quality was good. It stated they were being served medium rare - which is exactly how i like my steak. However what we got was blue steak which was cold in the middle. This has obviously been rested but was in my opinion hadn't been cooked quited rightly. Other people in the party had the lamb shank and fish and chips which they said was delicious.

For pudding i had the trio of possets which was very nice.

We also sampled a number of the cocktails which were lovely.

Another point to note if going for the private room - the air con is difficult to get right. In the room you can ask for it to be changed but one minute its blowing hot air on you - we asked for it to be turned off only for it to blow cold air out. Not very pleasant.

As a Dalgety Bay resident, I really hope Louie Brown's can iron out those little teething problems and I know I will go back for a return visit to see if they've managed it. Overall a great addition to the area. I have still to try their deli for lunch - which i've also heard is nice.

• Visited October 2013
“First visit to Louie Browns”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

The building is very nice .. Well laid out inside . Food was great but the service was not.. It was not busy about 4 tables .. There was two staff on .. A man and young girl.. The guy stood and played with his phone most of the time .. The girl was nice but we sat with our empty plates for ages .. I had to ask her to clear the table.. Same after desert.. She didn't ask us if we wanted coffee.. She only came over because we asked for the bill.. Will go back but hopefully the staff are a bit more enthusiastic next time...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Astro123456
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Food a must, excellent customer service and the tastiest apple crumble going !,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

What a hidden gem, got the chance for a meal in Fife with colleagues, wasn't expecting too much !, this place puts George st to shame. The fish was so fresh, all products are apparently sourced locally, I expected the place to be part of a national chain, it's owned locally, it just gets better.

Great value for money, they even have Molton brown in the loos !!!!!, definitely worth a visit.