“poor food ...disappointing for such a nice looking restaurant”

Louie Brown's Bar Kitchen & Deli
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A vibrant bar serving pub classics. Function room available at no extra charge and coffee shop serving breakfasts from 8:30 daily
Fife,Scotland
“poor food ...disappointing for such a nice looking restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I think this place is slowly going down hill. The food is so disappointing the serving staff do their best but it is in need or a menu review /price review and definitely new chef/kitchen staff. Come on Louie Brown - you started with great potential but the whole food thing has to be right.

3 Thank highlander13320

Scotland
“Overpriced and dissapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had a meal here last week after being recommended by word of mouth locally. Restaurant is nicely decorated and staff all seemed very pleasant. I had the fish and chips which arrived promptly enough, but was seriously dissapointing. The fish was sitting in a small pool of of grease from the cooking process and although the batter was crispy on the outside, it was uncooked on the inside which made it a very unpleasant experience. I am not as fussy eater and over a number of decades eating out I have only ever sent food back on 3 occasions. This was the third.
I opted to have the Thai curry instead. It was palatable to a point. Both my wife and I enjoy spicy food where you can discern the different spices used to construct the dish. This was just a bland non-authentic curry dish where any discernable tastes were obliterated by an exceedingly hot chilli experience which numbed the mouth after a few bites.
All in all. not a good experience. Iam not sure what the restaurant really is trying to be or where the owners thing they are going with it. It has the appearance of an up market bistro, but in my opinion flatters to deceive as it is basically an overpriced poor quality pub grub establishment. The city of Edinburgh, which we visit a few times and month and eat in various places is reputed to be expensive. However, I have had many meals there in pubs like Louie Browns, but where the produce is excellent and cosiderably less expensive than this experience. We thought we would try to support local businesses on this occasion, but you live and learn I suppose. Never again

2 Thank Fifie
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Massive portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My second visit to LBs for a birthday lunch treat. A really good choice available for lunch and my steak sandwich was delicious. Very good service and a stylish contemporary feel. Lots of seating areas so you don't feel you are lost in such a big space. We loved it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank martini5655
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Tasty food but slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We went for a meal my daughter's second birthday with all the family (13 of us). Perhaps it was because our table was quite large and there was another larger party in the main restaurant, but the service was VERY slow. Table booked for 4.30pm and after everyone having a main course and asking for 13 bowls and 3 ice creams to go with our daughter's birthday cake we were still there two and a half hours later, nearly at her bedtime! The time did pass quite well in good company but the little ones were starving.
The staff were lovely, the food was delicious but I wouldn't go back unless I knew we had at least three hours to spare.
Since going I have heard similar stories of slow service so I don't think our visit was out of the ordinary for them.
So the four stars are for yummy food and getting a private room to eat in at no extra cost.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Lovely Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have eaten in this restaurant several times and each time the experience is always very good. Menu choice to cater for all tastes, service good, food tasty and hot, good value for money in pleasant surroundings.